Follow the steps below to learn how to create an allowance and/or contingency report using main variations.
- Navigate to the project's Reports tool.
- Click + Create Custom Report.
- Enter in the following information:
- Report Name. Enter a report name. For example, name the report: Contingency & Allowance
- Optional: Description. Enter a description.
- Select Tools. Select the following tool: Financial Line Items - Financial Line Item Details
- Click Next Step.
- Pull down the following columns:
- Click Add Filter, and select Type. Mark the boxes next to Original Budget and Prime Contract PCO.
- Click Add Filter, and select Cost Code. Mark the checkbox next to your Contingency and/or Allowance cost code.
Note: If you have a Cost Type/Category or Contingency, you can then filter by the category of Contingency.
- At the top of the Amount column, click fx and select SUM.
- Group the report by doing the following:
- If you created the report at the company level, select the drop-down menu under Group By and click Project Name.
- If you are reporting on multiple Contingency and/or Allowance cost codes, select the drop-down menu under Group by and click Cost Code if you want to see subtotals by cost code.
- You can also select the drop-down menu under Group by and select Type if you want a subtotal of how much was used.
- Click Create to save your Report.