To create a change event from an RFI using the Procore app on an iOS mobile device
Creating a change event allows you to prepare for the cost of a change before it becomes an actual cost. For example, if a project manager is anticipating the need to change the paint colours of a project, he or she can start preparing for that cost by creating a change event, which describes the estimated financial cost of the change, as well as which cost codes will be affected. After creating a change event, they can then create an RFQ (Request for Quote), which is sent to the appropriate subcontractors for pricing. When RFQs are created and responded to by the assigned subcontractors, variations can then be created based upon the submitted quote.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Standard' or 'Admin' on the project's Change Events AND RFIs tools.
- Additional Information:
- This asset or item can be viewed or edited in offline mode provided that the asset or item was previously viewed and cached on your mobile device.
- Navigate to the RFIs tool using the Procore app on an iOS mobile device.
- Tap the RFI you want to create a change event from.
- Tap the ellipsis.
- Tap Create Change Event.
- Tap into a field to enter the appropriate information:
- Origin: This field automatically populates with the name of the RFI.
- Title: Provide a title for the change event.
- Status: Select Open, Closed, Pending, or Void to indicate the status of the change event.
- Scope: Select TBD, In Scope, or Out of Scope to indicate whether the cost is covered in the original contract.
- Type: Select TBD, Allowance, Contingency, Owner Change, or Transfer to indicate the type of cost you are preparing for.
- Change Reason: Select a change reason from the drop-down menu.
- Description: Describe the event that may result in a change in costs.
- Add Attachment: To add a photo or file, tap to select from one of the following options:
- Take Photo: This will open your camera application so you can take a photo and directly add it to the item.
- Choose from Library: This will take you to the photos in your device's library. You can then select an image to add to the item.
- Files: This will take you to files that have been saved to your device.
- Tap Save.