This announcement represents a single point in time. Future releases may impact the information below.
Beta Release: March 25, 2022 | Feature Release Completed: July 11, 2022
Configure Fieldsets for Change Events
Users with 'Admin' level permissions on the Company level Admin tool can now create configurable fieldsets for the project's Change Events tool to designate which fields are required, optional or hidden within projects. See Create New Configurable Fieldsets.
For a list of fields that are configurable on the project's Change Events tool, see Which fields in the Change Events tool can be configured as required, optional or hidden?
Create Custom Fields for Change Events
Procore has also added the ability to create custom fields in the Company level Admin tool for the project's Change Events tool. These custom fields will function like other fields in Procore and can be included in the Company and Project level Reports tools. See Create New Custom Fields.
Users with 'Admin' level permissions on the Company level Admin tool can create custom fields from either the Custom Fields tab or from within a configurable fieldset (new or existing) from the Fieldsets tab in the Change Management tool settings pages in the Company level Admin tool. Custom fields need to be added to a configurable fieldset in order to be used on one or more projects. See Create New Configurable Fieldsets and Edit Configurable Fieldsets.
- Custom fields must have unique names.
- After they are created, custom fields can be added to any new or existing fieldset for supported tools.
- Only one Change Events fieldset can be added to each project.
- The Change Events fieldset can have a maximum of 10 custom fields.
- Custom fields can be removed from configurable fieldsets, but this does not remove the data associated with that field. See Admin: Configurable Fieldsets, Custom Fields and Custom Sections for Change Events Tool.
- Custom fields are available via Procore's API (Read/Write) and custom reporting at the Company and Project level.
- Custom fields for the Change Events fieldset are reportable in Procore Analytics.
Create Custom Sections for Change Events
In addition to configurable fieldsets and custom fields, Procore has added the ability to create custom sections for the project's Change Events tool. Custom sections allow you to group custom fields together in one or more separate, user-defined sections. Custom sections will be displayed below the General Information section on change events. See Create Custom Sections.
- What are configurable fieldsets and which Procore tools support them?
- What are custom fields and which Procore tools support them?
- What are custom sections and which Procore tools support them?
If you would like to ask questions or share any feedback, please contact email@example.com.