To remove custom fields from configurable fieldsets.
Custom fields can be created for certain tools in Procore to allow for additional information to be filled in when creating or editing items. Similar to most fields in Procore, custom fields can be reported on in the Company and Project level Reports tools.
To better organise your fieldsets, custom fields can be removed from configurable fieldsets. See What are configurable fieldsets and which Procore tools support them?
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' on the Company level Admin tool.
- Additional Information:
- Before you can delete a fieldset, you must remove it from any assigned projects.
- Deleting a custom field does not delete the data associated with that field from Procore.
- To see which tools support custom fields, see What are custom fields and which Procore tools support them?
To remove custom fields from a fieldset, do the following:
- Navigate to the Company level Admin tool.
- Under 'Tool Settings', click the tool that uses the custom fields you want to remove.
- Click the Fieldsets tab.
- Click the vertical ellipsis across from the field you want to remove.
- Click Delete.
- Click Confirm to confirm the removal.
Note: Removing a custom field from a fieldset does not remove it from the Custom Fields tab in the tool's settings.