In Procore, role-based permissions are used to manage user access to different Procore tools. Access for each role is defined in a permissions template. By default, Procore provides its clients with several role-based project permissions templates. For details, see What is a permissions template? and What are the default project permissions templates in Procore?
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' level permissions on the company's Permissions tool.
- Additional Information:
- Procore's permission levels (None, Read Only, Standard, and Admin) define what actions users can perform and what information they can view in each Procore tool. See User Permissions Matrix - Web and User Permission Matrix - Mobile.
- Granular permissions are available to add when 'Read Only' or 'Standard' level permissions are assigned to a template on a supported tool. See Which Procore tools support granular permissions?
- Navigate to the company's Permissions tool.
- Click the Project Permissions Templates tab.
- Click Actions next to the template you want to grant granular permissions for and select Edit Template.
- Select the button in the Read Only or Standard column on the row for the supported tool you want to grant granular permissions for.
- Click the angle bracket > icon to open or close the granular permissions menu for each supported tool.
Note: This icon only displays when the button for Read Only or Standard is selected.
- Mark the 'Turn ALL ON' checkbox to enable all of a supported tool's granular permissions on the permissions template.
Note: This checkbox name changes to 'Turn ALL OFF' if all of a supported tool's granular permissions are enabled.
Mark the checkbox for each granular permission you want to enable on the permissions template for one or more of the available tools. See Which Procore tools support granular permissions?
- Click Save.