To submit a request to Procore to bulk-import a list of cost codes to the Company or Project level Admin tool.
If your company or project requires a unique cost code structure, you can import custom cost codes into either the Company level or Project level Admin tool. Some companies design their cost code structure to align with the CSI MasterFormat. Other companies decide to implement a cost code structure that is unique to their industry, organization or project environment. Regardless of the structure, you can submit a request to have a Procore representative import the custom cost codes for you or you can expedite the process and perform your own cost codes import using the Procore Imports app.
Note: The Company and Project Level Admin tools include a 16 Division Cost Code Structure that aligns to the CSI MasterFormat. See What are Procore's Default Cost Codes?
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- To request a cost code import for a project, 'Admin' level permission on the project's Admin tool.
- To request a cost code import for the company, 'Admin' level permission on the company's Admin tool.
- Download the Microsoft Excel template: import-cost-codes.xlsx
- Fill our your template by following the instructions in Import Cost Codes to Procore.
Note: Ensure you have defined the number of levels in your company's cost code structure.
- Send an email request to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In your email's 'Subject' line, include your company's or project's name and ID. See How do I find the project ID?
- Attach the completed cost codes import template to your email message.
- A member of the Procore Import Team will contact you once the import is complete.
- Verify the data imported is correct.