Procore’s Project level Tendering tool lets you solicit tender from the vendors stored in your Company level Directory tool. With the Tendering tool, you can create tender packages for your projects and send email invitations to your vendors. The email can include your tender documents in a downloaded package or vendors can log into Procore to view the tender information. Vendors can also use the tool to submit tender using lump sum values, cost code level breakouts and even by unit/quantity level breakouts.
- Create project tender packages that include plans, specifications, PDFs and other pertinent files.
- Log into Procore as a vendor to submit tender for a project.
- Track the tendering status of your vendors and compare their tender side-by-side by cost code.
- Use Procore's powerful search and filtering capabilities to quickly locate specific tender.
- Make sure the project is in the Tendering stage on the project's Admin tool or that the custom stage is defined as a tendering stage.
- Make sure the tender due date is correct. If you receive authorization to extend the tender, you'll have to change the Tender Due Date to reflect this; otherwise, tenderers may not be able to enter their amounts if they're attempting to enter their quotes after the initial tender due date.
- Do not add tenderers to the project's Directory tool. Add these vendors to your company's Directory tool.
- Do not put tender documents in a locked or private folder; you can not add locked or private folders to a tender package.
- Be sure to not attach an empty folder to a tender package. If you add an empty folder to your tender package, tenderers will see a white screen upon downloading.
- You can not add a specific file independent of a folder to a tender package, you must attach the entire folder.
- Be sure you've selected at least one individual recipient from each invitee tender company. If you can invite more than one, even better - that way, in case one invitee is on holiday, the company still knows that they're invited and can respond accordingly.
- Build your company level Directory built out in advance as much as possible by doing the following:
- Assign trades to each vendor to help you search for tenderers.
- Choose the default tender invitees so they will automatically populate when you want to send out your tender package.
- When you are attaching a folder to your tender package, keep in mind that Procore is limited to 255 characters, which includes the file names and folder names.
Below is an example folder structure that you can replicate for your tender documents. In this structure, if you add an updated Addendum to the 04 Correspondence and Addenda sub folder, you can send a correspondence with the updated folders.
Example file structure:
01 Tender Documents
01 - RFP Insurance Requirements, Sample Insurance Certificate, etc (upload individual PDFS for each of these documents to this sub folder)
02 - Drawings (and attach one compiled PDF of your tender drawings or one compiled PDF by discipline, so the sub-folder could contain individual PDFs for compiled Architecturals, Civils, Structurals, Electricals, Mechanicals, etc.)
03 - Specifications (and attach one compiled PDF fo your tender specs)
04 - Correspondence and Addenda
Tick the box next to "Enable tenderers to add additional line items to their tender sheets" so that tenderers can add a cost code and place tenders on additional scope that was not assigned to them. Also, if you don't have cost codes on the Tenderer Info sub tab of the company, or you forgot to invite them to place tenders on project-specific cost codes, they can still enter a monetary value. This will also allow you to sort the tender list by cost code, after the invitations have been sent and received.
There are two main options you have when creating a tender package. The table below list both options and the pros and cons of each.
Option 1: Send One Tender Package
Send out one tender package encompassing all trades, while sending all documents to all tenderers (this may not be the best option for everyone). You can only attach one folder from the Documents tool to a tender package, but that one folder can have multiple sub-folders.
Option 2: Send Multiple Tender Packages
Send out multiple tender packages by trades or cost codes.