To approve or reject Main Contract Variation (MCV) as the designated 'Reviewer.'
If you have been designated as the person responsible for reviewing a variation for your project's main contract, you can use the steps below.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- To approve or reject a MCV, 'Standard' level permissions or higher on the project's Variations tool and added as the designated 'Reviewer' on the variation.
- To view a MCV in the Variations tool, 'Read Only' or 'Standard' level permissions on the project's Main Contracts tool and added as a member of the 'Private' list on the main contract.
- Additional Information:
- Only one (1) user can be designated as a reviewer on a MCV.
- A reviewer can only respond to an MCV when it is in the 'Pending - In Review' state.
- PCCOs can only be reviewed in the Procore web application. Email responses from reviewers are NOT supported.
- For customers using Procore's Field Productivity and Project Financials tools, production quantities and hours entered on your project's Main Contract Variations (MCVs) automatically updates data in these Procore features, when MCVs are placed in the 'Approved' status:
- The Procore Labour Productivity Cost budget view. See Set Up the Procore Labour Productivity Cost Budget View.
- The Field Production Report. See Set Up a Field Production Report.
- To learn about the data columns in this report, see Which data columns are in a Field Production Report?
- To learn about the Procore tools that interact with this report, see Which Procore project tools update data in the Field Production Report?
- If you are the designated 'Reviewer' on the MCV, choose from these options:
- Open the notification email about the MCV was forwarded to your email Inbox. Look for the email with the subject line: 'FW: Main Contract Variation: MCV #: Title.' See Forward a Variation to a Project User by Email.
- In the Project Home page, locate the Main Contract COs item in the My Open Items area. See About the Project Home Page.
- Navigate to the project's Main Contracts tool. Then locate the in the Change Orders tab and click View. See View a Prime Contract.
- Navigate to the Variations tool. In the Main Contracts tab, locate the variation and click View.
- Enter a response in the Reviewer's Response box.
- Click Reject this MCV or Approve this MCV.
Note: The system sends an email notification about your response to the creator of the MCV.