To approve and sign a commitment after awarding a subcontractor the tender.
In Procore, a Commitment is a purchase order or subcontract. Both commitment types are contracts that represent a legally enforceable financial agreement between two parties.
Because commitments are legally enforceable, collecting the appropriate signatures on your contract documents is strongly recommended. Procore customers can choose between two methods for managing the signature process:
- Wet Signature. If you want to collect physical signatures on your commitments, use the Steps below.
- Electronic Signature. If you want to collect digital signatures on your commitments, your company's Procore Administrator can set up the DocuSign® integration. See Complete a Commitment Contract with DocuSign®.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- Additional Information:
- This article details steps that are completed outside of Procore.
- If the contract's creator is using the Procore + DocuSign® integration, you may be asked to digitally sign the contract instead of using the steps below. Contractors and subcontractors who are asked to sign a commitment are responsible for confirming the signature requirments with the contract creator.
- To learn about signing a commitment contract with DocuSign®, see Complete a Commitment Contract with DocuSign®.
- Open the email with the awarded contract for your tender.
- Click View PDF.
- Print out the contract and sign where indicated.
- Scan the document back to your computer.
- Attach the scanned file to an email message back to the responsible party who sent you the initial form.