To view main potential variations in a report grouped by variation reason.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission: 'Read-only' on the project's Main Contract tool.
- Required User Permission: 'Read-only' on the project's Reports tool.
- Required User Permission to complete prerequisite: 'Admin' on the project's Variations tool.
Note: It is recommended to configure your change reason list in the company's Admin tool prior to using it in projects.
In order to view the the Main Potential Variation by Change Reason report in the Reports tool, users with 'Admin' level permissions on the Variations tool must first configure the change reason field from a free form text field to a drop-down menu of pre-defined reasons.(Note: Admins can set this on the project template so future projects will inherit the setting. If you want this as a default setting, ask your Procore point of contact to set it as default for all your future projects.) To do this, complete the following steps:
- Navigate to the project's Variations tool.
- Click Variations Settings in the right pane.
- Select the button next to "Drop-down list of pre-defined reasons (defined in the company admin variations configuration page)".
Note: Users who had previously selected the "Freeform text field" and entered their own text in the Change Reason field will see those variations listed under "No Change Reason" in the Variation Report by Change Reason.
Note: If you turn this feature on mid-project, you'll be able to go back and edit existing variations to select a change reason, even if they have already been approved.
Once you have enabled the settings from the Variations tool, you can view the Main Potential Variations by Change Reason report by completing the following steps:
- Navigate to the project's Reports tool.
- Under the "Contract and Change Management Reports" section, click Main Potential Variations by Change Reason.
You will now see all of your potential variations grouped by change reason.
- Export this data to a printable PDF by clicking the PDF button in the top right of the page.
- Click the links under the Title header of the PV to access the PV; click the link under the VRs header to see the VR; click the link under the MCVs header to see the MCV associated with the PV.