Search for and Filter Observations (Android)
To use the search bar and filter settings to find observations on an Android mobile device.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Read Only' level permissions or higher on the project's Observations tool.
- The search tool respects any selected filter parameters and will only search for items within the filtered results.
This asset or item can be viewed or edited in offline mode provided that it was previously viewed and cached on your mobile device.
- Navigate to the Observations tool using the Procore app on an Android mobile device.
Search for Observations
- Tap the Search icon.
- Enter the desired word or phrase. The following fields are searched for the specified keyword terms:
Results matching your search terms will automatically appear.
- Assignee Company
- Assignee Name
Note: If you filter for a top-tier location, it will not show you any sub tiers, but if you search for a top-tier location, it will show you sub locations.
Filter for Observations
- Tap the Filter icon.
- Tap to select the filter you want to apply. You can filter by:
- Initiated: This displays all observations marked as 'Initiated'.
- Ready for Review: This displays all observations marked as 'Ready for Review'.
- Not Accepted: This displays all observations marked as 'Not Accepted'.
- Closed: This displays all observations that are marked as 'Closed'.
- All Items: Tap to display all observations.
- My Items: Tap to display only observations that are assigned to you.
- Location: Tap to filter observations by a specific location.
- Created By: Tap to filter observations by one or more creators.
- Assignee: Tap to filter observations by one or more assignees.
- Assignee Company: Tap to filter by the assignee's company.
- Type: Tap to filter observations by type.
- Trade: Tap to filter observations by trade.
- Origin: Tap to filter observations by their origins.
- Due Date: Tap to filter observations by their due dates.
- Tap Done.
- Tap to view an observation in more detail.
- To clear all filters, tap the Filter icon and then tap Reset.