To create a change event from an RFI using the Procore app on an Android mobile device.
Creating a change event allows you to prepare for the cost of a change before it becomes an actual cost. For example, if a project manager is anticipating the need to change the paint colours of a project, he or she can start preparing for that cost by creating a change event, which describes the estimated financial cost of the change, as well as which cost codes will be affected. After creating a change event, they can then create an RFQ (Request for Quote), which is sent to the appropriate subcontractors for pricing. When RFQs are created and responded to by the assigned subcontractors, variations can then be created based upon the submitted quote.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Standard' or 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Change Events AND RFIs tools.
- Navigate to the RFIs tool using the Procore app on an Android mobile device.
- Tap the RFI you want to create a change event from.
- Tap the vertical ellipsis icon
- Tap Create Change Event from RFI.
- Tap to fill out the following fields as appropriate:
- Title: Provide a title for the change event.
- Status: Select Open, Closed, Pending, or Void to indicate the status of the change event.
- Type: Select TBD, Allowance, Contingency, Owner Change, or Transfer to indicate the type of cost you are preparing for.
- Scope: Select TBD, In Scope, or Out of Scope to indicate whether the cost is covered in the original contract.
- Description: Describe the event that may result in a change in costs.
- Change Reason: Select a change reason from the drop-down menu.
- Camera or Attachments: To add a photo or file, tap to select from one of the following options:
- Camera: Tap to open your camera application so you can take a photo and directly add it to the item.
- Attachments: Tap to attach files or photos from your device or photos from Procore.
- Tap Save.