To drag and drop files from an iPad to a Procore project's Documents tool.
When working in Slide Over or Split View mode, this feature allows you to drag images from other apps on your iPad and drop them directly into Procore's Photos tool. This feature allows for a more efficient transfer of files into Procore and is compatible with Apple's Mail app, Files, Box, Dropbox, etc.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Standard' or 'Admin' on the project's Documents tool.
- This feature is available on iOS 11 and later versions and with the following devices: iPad Air 2, iPad Pro, iPad mini 4 and later models.
- To use this feature, you must enable Allow Multiple Apps on your iPad. To do so, navigate to Settings> General> Multitasking & Dock. Tap the toggle to enable Allow Multiple Apps. Enabling this setting allows you have multiple apps open while in Slide Over or Split View mode.
- Navigate to the Documents tool using the Procore app on an iPad.
- While keeping the Procore app open, reveal the iPad's dock by swiping up from the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the app you want to add files to Procore from and drag it to the centre of the screen to enable Slide Over view.
Note: This layers your selected iPad app alongside the Procore Documents tool.
- Drag and drop the file from the selected app into Procore's Documents tool.
Note: The dropped file will automatically upload to Procore.