Clock Your Time (iOS)
To clock your time in the My Time tool if the Timesheets tool is enabled.
For self-performing companies with either smaller crews, where work is more complex or where jobs are shorter and more numerous, the process of entering your own time streamlines the payroll approval process.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Standard' level permissions or higher on the company's Timecard tool.
- Additional Information:
- This feature is only available if you have the Timesheets tool enabled.
- You must be marked as an employee of your company to see My Time as an option on your project. See How do I add someone as an employee of my company?
- The time entries will auto-populate in the Site Diary's Timecards section, Company Timecard and the Project and Company Timesheets tools if Timesheets is enabled.
- For instructions on adding a My Time entry without clocking in or out of a job, see Add a My Time Entry (iOS).
- To see My Time as an option on your project, you must be marked as an employee of your company. See How do I add someone as an employee of my company?
When you clock your time, you have two options:
Clock Your Time in the iOS App
- To clock in from the Procore mobile application, navigate to your project's My Time tool from your iOS mobile device.
If project geofences have been enabled on your project, you can also clock in and out with the push button notifications on your mobile device. See the steps below for instructions.
- Tap Clock In at the bottom of the page to start your work shift.
- Enter the following information:
Note: An asterisk (*) denotes a required field.
- *Project: Select the project you are currently working on.
- Sub Job: Select the sub job associated with the time entry.
- Cost Code: Select the appropriate cost code for the time entry.
- Location: Select the location where the work is being performed.
- Lunch Time: Select the amount of time taken for a lunch break.
- Type: Select the type of pay being entered.
- Billable: Select whether the entry is billable or not.
- Description: Enter a more detailed description of the time entry.
- Tap Apply.
- Tap the down arrow to return to the My Time list page.
- Tap your time at the bottom of the page to open your time module.
- Tap Edit if you need to change any time entry information.
- Tap Switch Task if you need to stop your time for the current task and start tracking your time for a new task.
- Tap Clock Out to end your work shift.
Clock Your Time with Geofence Clock In & Out Reminders
When enabled, location-based push notifications pop up on a user's mobile device when entering or leaving a project geofence to clock in or out of a job.
To receive clock-in and clock-out push notifications, your device must meet the following requirements:
- Procore push notifications are enabled on your iOS device. For instructions on how to enable push notifications from Procore, see Settings: Procore iOS App.
- Location Services are enabled for your iOS device. To see your location settings, do the following:
- Navigate to the Settings for your device.
- Tap Privacy.
- Tap Location Services.
- Tap the toggle for Location Services to the ON position.
- Tap Procore.
- Tap Always to allow location access.
From the notification on your mobile device, you have the following options:
- Open My Time: Tap on the notification or swipe left and tap the View option to perform the following tasks:
Note: Options vary depending on whether you are clocked in to a jobsite.
- Clock In: Tap to open the My Time editor.
- Clock Out: Tap to clock out of the running clock.
This will open the My Time app with a popup confirming that the Timecard was successfully created.
- Switch Task: If you're already clocked in to a project when you enter the geofence of a different project, tap to clock in to the new project and remain clocked in to both projects.
- Remind me in 10 min: Tap if you want your mobile device to send you another notification in 10 minutes.
- Dismiss: Tap to dismiss the notification.
Clock In to a Jobsite
Clock Out of a Jobsite or Switch Tasks