To sign a timesheet in the project's Timesheet tool from your iOS mobile device.
The Sign a Timesheet feature allows users on the Project level Timesheets tool to access the signature field and allow a company's employees to sign off on their time entries and confirm that their timecard information is accurate.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Read Only' level permissions or higher the Company level Timecard tool.
- Additional Information:
- If changes are made to a signed time entry, an "Edit Timecard?" warning message will appear stating that the signature will be removed. The newly edited time entry will need to be re-signed by the employee.
- Navigate to the project's Timesheets tool on your iOS mobile device.
- Navigate to the day you want to have a timesheet signed for.
- Tap the timesheet.
- Locate the timecard entry on the timesheet you would like the employee to sign.
- Tap Sign.
- Pass the device to the employee who can now sign the timecard entry by dragging his or her finger over the signature line.
Note: The text in the Signature field can be customised by an admin on the Company Admin tool.
- Review the following before submitting the signature:
- An asterisk (*) denotes a required field.
- Some fields can be configured as required, optional or hidden. See Which fields in the Timesheets tool can be configured as required, optional or hidden?
- Classification: Select from the drop-down menu the employee classification associated with the time entry. See Enable Classifications on a Project.
- Sub Job: Select from the drop-down menu the sub job associated with the time entry.
- *Cost Code: Tap to select the cost code associated with the time entry.
Note: If you are an admin on the Company Admin tool, you can limit the cost code selections that appear in this list. To learn more, see Configure Advanced Settings: Company Level Timesheets.
- Location: Tap to select from the drop-down menu the location where the work was performed by that user.
- *Start Time: Tap to select the time the user began working.
- *Stop Time: Tap to select the time the user stopped working.
Note: You will only see the Start and Stop fields if you have configured your settings to show these fields. See Configure Advanced Settings: Project Level Timesheets.
- Lunch Time: Select from the drop-down menu the amount of time taken for a lunch break. Select from the following options:
- The amount of time selected will be subtracted from the Total Time.
- This field will only be available if Start Time and Stop Time is enabled.
- 0 min (Default)
- 30 min
- 45 min
- 60 min
- Time Type: Select from the drop-down menu the type of pay being entered. Select from the following options:
Note: If you are an admin on the Company Admin tool, you can add custom time types to this list. See Configure Advanced Settings: Company Level Timesheets for more information.
- Regular Time
- Double Time
- Billable: Tap the toggle to indicate whether or not the entry is billable.
- Description: Tap to enter additional comments that will show in the timecard entry.
- Tap Submit to approve and save the employee's signature.
The signature will show at the bottom of the employee's timesheet entry.