This announcement represents a single point in time. Future releases may impact the information below.
Feature Released: August 13, 2021
Create Custom Fields for the 'Project' Fieldset
Procore has added the ability to create custom fields in the Company level Admin tool for the 'Project' fieldset. Changing the 'Project' fieldset modifies the 'Project Details' page (used when creating new projects) and for the 'Project Settings > General' page (used when updating projects) in the Project level Admin tool.
Users with 'Admin' level permissions on the Company level Admin tool can create custom fields from either the Custom Fields tab or from within the Fieldsets tab in the 'Project Settings' pages in the Company level Admin tool. These custom fields function like other fields in Procore and can be included in reports in the Company and Project level Reports tools. See Create New Custom Fields.
- Custom fields must have unique names.
- After they are created, custom fields can be added to any new or existing fieldset for supported tools.
- Only one 'Project' fieldset can be created and the fieldset will apply to all new and existing projects. See Create a Default Project Fieldset.
- The 'Project' fieldset can have a maximum of 15 custom fields.
- Custom fields can be removed from configurable fieldsets, but this does not remove the data associated with that field. See Remove Custom Fields from Configurable Fieldsets.
- Custom fields are available via Procore's API (Read/Write) and custom reporting at the Company and Project level.
- Custom fields for the 'Project' fieldset are reportable in Procore Analytics.
Create Custom Sections for the 'Project' Fieldset
In addition to custom fields, Procore added the ability to create custom sections for the 'Project' fieldset. Custom sections allow you to group custom fields together in one or more separate, user-defined sections. Custom sections will be displayed below the 'Advanced' section on the 'Project Details' and 'Project Information' pages. See Create Custom Sections.
- What are custom fields and which Procore tools support them?
- What are custom sections and which Procore tools support them?
- What are configurable fieldsets and which Procore tools support them?
If you would like to ask questions or share any feedback, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.