To forward a variation to a Procore user using the email function in the Variations tool.
The Variations tool includes a built-in email function that lets you forward a commitment to a Procore user that has been added to the Project Directory. This function is available for both Commitment Variations (CVs) and Main Contract Variations (MCVs).
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Standard' or higher on the project's Variations tool.
- Additional Information:
- Recipients who have been granted the appropriate permissions can click the View Online link to view the most current update of the variation in the Procore web application.
- Navigate to the project's Variations tool.
- Click the Main Contracts or Commitments tab.
- Locate the variation that you want to send to a user by email.
Note: If you want the 'Reviewer' to be notified, you must add that person as a recipient.
- Click View next to that variation.
- Click Email.
- Complete following fields:
- To. Enter in the user you would like to email forward the variation to.
- CC. Enter in the name of any users you would like copied on the email.
- Private. Check the box so that only users with 'Admin' permissions or those in the email distribution can view the email.
- Subject. The subject field will automatically populate with the name of the variation you are email forwarding, but you can manually edit this field as necessary.
- Attachments. Attach any relevant documents or files.
- Message. Enter a message in the text field.
- Click Send.
The system forwards the recipients an email message with the subject line: FW: 'FW: Main Contract Variation: MCV #: Title.'