Edit a Commitment Variation Linked to a Potential Variation for a Main Contract
To edit a Commitment Variation (CV) that is linked to a Main Potential Variation (Prime PV) directly from the PV.
If you are working with a main potential variation, you can change the status of an associated commitment potential variation or you can updatee the amount of the commitment variation line item.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Main Contracts tool.
- The Change Events tool MUST be disabled to use these steps.
- Navigate to the project's Main Contracts tool.
- Locate the contract to work with. Then click its Number link.
- Locate the potential variation with the linked commitment variation to edit. Then click View.
- Click the Bill of Quantities tab.
- Click Edit.
- Click the Status or Commitment Amount columns to edit what is shown there.
- A blue caret in the corner of a cell indicates you can edit the column inline.
- The Commitment Amount column cannot be edited in the 'Approved' status.
- Click Save.