Set or Release Retention on an Owner Payment Application
NoteThe steps below describe how to release retention on an owner payment application with the Main Contracts tool. For companies using the project's Payment applications tool (see Payment applications), users with 'Admin' permission on the Main Contracts tool can also perform this task with the Payment applications tool. For details, see Payment applications: Set or Release Retention on an Owner Payment application.
To set or release retention for line items on an owner payment application with the Main Contracts tool.
You can use the steps below to:
- Set the Retention Amount. Enter a percentage to calculate the withholding amount. This percentage will be applied to all of the line items on the payment application. For example, enter 10% to withhold 10% on each payment application line item.
- Release the Retention Amount. Enter a percentage to calculate the amount to release on the payment application. This moves the calculated amount from the 'Currently Retained' column to the 'Released this Period' column in the main contract. You can adjust this amount to perform a partial or full release as follows:
- A partial release indicates an amount is being withheld. For example, you would enter 50% if you are halfway through the project and your payment application is for a progress payment.
- A final release means you are releasing the full amount and retention is no longer being withheld. For example, you would enter 100% after all of a project's contractual obligations are substantially complete and your payment application is for final payment.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Main Contracts tool.
- Navigate to the project's Main Contracts tool.
- Click the Payment Applications tab.
- Locate the owner payment application that you want to work with.
- Click the Detail tab.
- Click the Edit button.
- Choose one of the following:
Set Retention on All Line Items
- Under Set Retention on All Line Items, do the following:
- Enter the percentage to withhold in the Work Completed box.
- Click Set.
- Enter the percentage to withhold in the Materials Stored box. To learn more, see How do I bill for stored materials in Procore?
- Click Set.
Release Retention on All Line Items
- Under Release Retention on All Line Items, do the following:
- Enter the percentage to release in the Work Completed box.
- Click Release.