Add a New Project in Portfolio Financials
NoteThe information in this tutorial applies to accounts with the Portfolio Financials product in Procore. Reach out to your Procore point of contact for more information.
To add a new Portfolio Financials project in Procore.
Portfolio Financials projects are created from the Dashboard tool. After a new project is added, you will be taken to the Project Page, where you can add items such as milestones, costs, documents and team information.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Building Admin' or 'Company Admin' in Portfolio Financials and Capital Planning.
- From the Dashboard in Portfolio Financials, click Add New Project.
- Fill in the following fields as necessary:
Note: An asterisk (*) indicates a field is required.
- Building*: Select the building that the project is assocated with .
- Project Name*: Enter the name of the project.
Tip! You can add additional information to the project name, such as job codes, to make the project easier to locate in Procore.
- Project Type*: Select the type of project from the drop-down menu.
Note: If you have 'Company Admin' permissions for Portfolio Financials and want to add a custom project type, click Manage. See Can I customise the project type options in Portfolio Financials and Capital Planning?
- Fiscal Year: Select the fiscal year from the drop-down menu.
- Stage*: Select the stage of the project from the drop-down menu.
- Description: Enter a description for the project.
Tip! The description can be searched from the Dashboard search bar.
- Project Size (square feet): Enter the size of the project in square feet.
- Units: Enter the units of the project.
- Start Date*: Click into the field to select a date from the calendar for the project's start date.
- End Date*: Click into the field to select a date from the calendar for the project's end date.
- Duration (weeks): Enter the number of weeks that the project will exist.
NoteYou may see additional settings on this page if add-on features, such as Cost Allocations and Components or Tenant Improvement Allowance, have been enabled for your organisation's account in Procore. See Enable Cost Allocations and Components for a Project in Portfolio Financials and Enable Tenant Improvement Allowance for a Project in Portfolio Financials. Reach out to your Procore point of contact with any questions regarding add-on features.
- When you are ready to save the new project, click Add.