NoteThe information in this tutorial applies to accounts with the Portfolio Financials product in Procore. Reach out to your Procore point of contact for more information.
To add a dependency for a milestone in a Portfolio Financials project.
Milestone Dependencies allow you to establish a relationship between two milestones so that you can track and maintain project schedules more efficiently. For example, a 'Construction Start' milestone can be dependent on the date for the 'Drawings Complete' milestone. If the forecast date for 'Drawings Complete' is adjusted by 10 days, the forecast date for 'Construction Start' will also adjust by 10 days.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Full Access' to the project or higher.
- Additional Information:
- You cannot set a dependency for the first milestone listed, as nothing precedes it.
- You can only set a milestone dependency when adding a new milestone manually, as opposed to from a template.
To set a dependency for a new milestone:
- In the Milestones section of the Project Page, click Add Milestone.
- Enter a title and date for the milestone. See Add Milestones to a Project in Portfolio Financials.
- Click the Dependencies drop-down menu and select a dependency.
- Click Add.
To set a dependency for an existing milestone:
- Click the plus icon in the 'Dependencies' column for the milestone you want to set a dependency for.
- Select the milestone that you want it to be linked to.
Note: If you change the Forecast Date for a milestone, the dependent milestone's Forecast Date will also update.