This announcement represents a single point in time. Future releases may impact the information below.
Feature Released: December 9, 2021
Deprecation of Traditional Service Accounts
Procore’s traditional Service Accounts were deprecated on December 9, 2021. Creation of new traditional service accounts will no longer be allowed after July 31, 2022. All traditional service accounts will sunset on January 31, 2023. As a result of this deprecation, developers of data connection applications that currently use traditional service accounts must migrate the app to use Developer Managed Service Accounts (DMSAs) and customers must install these migrated apps before the January 31, 2023 sunset date.
Procore customers with traditional service account based applications currently installed in their accounts are encouraged to adopt new DMSA-enabled versions of these applications as they become available. Here are the high-level steps company administrators should follow to upgrade to a new DMSA-enabled application.
- Install the DMSA-enabled version of the application from the App Marketplace (or as a custom install).
- Migrate all end users to the new application version.
- Use App Management to uninstall the traditional service account based version of the application.
- Use App Management to configure the new application by adding permitted projects as needed.
See the following support articles for more information.
Procore technology partners, integrators or other stakeholders who have developed data connection integrations that currently use traditional service accounts must update those applications to use DMSAs. Here are the high-level steps for migrating an application to use a DMSA.
- Create a new App in your account on the Developer Portal.
- Add a data connection (OAuth) component to the manifest.
- Specify tool permissions using Permissions Builder.
- Test in sandbox and promote to production.
- Submit new Marketplace listing (if applicable).
- Notify users about new application availability.
See Developer Managed Service Accounts for details.
If you would like to ask questions or share any feedback, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.