For companies that have integrated Procore with CMiC, you can import your real-time actual cost data from CMiC into Procore's Budget tool. This lets project team's leverage their CMiC cost data with the 'Estimated Cost' value in a Procore budget to calculate the budget's 'Estimated Cost at Completion' and 'Forecast to Complete' values. This ability provides your project's accounting team with the complimentary benefit of being able to access Procore's 'Estimated Cost at Completion' values in CMiC.
To turn on forecasting/projections:
- Navigate to the project Budget tool
- Click on the settings icon.
- Change the following settings:
- Default ERP Budget View: ERP Job Cost Detail Budget
- Designated Estimated Cost at Completion Column: Estimated Cost at Completion
Which data fields are exported?
What are the requirements?
- The ERP Integrations tool must be enabled on the company's Procore account.
- The Budget tool must be added to Procore's Project Tools menu. See Add and Remove Project Tools.
- The company's Procore account must be integrated with CMiC.
- The CMiC cost data from the original estimate must first be synced with Procore's Budget tool.
- The imported data and the 'Estimated Cost to Completion' value in Procore can then use Procore's 'Forecast to Complete' options to calculate the values to export to the integrated CMiC system. To learn how cost forecasting works in Procore, see Use the 'Forecast to Complete' Feature.
- When exporting forecast information for a project, ALL of the budget views that include ERP source columns on your integrated projects must be set to use the same calculations shown above for the 'Forecast to Complete' and 'Estimated Cost at Completion' columns. If not, it is possible that the export will send incorrect or unexpected values to CMiC. To learn more about setting up budget views, see Set up a New Budget View.
Phased Release: Budget Changes
Some ERP integrated clients may have already transitioned from Budget Modifications (Legacy) to the new Budget Changes experience. The legacy experience will continue to be available until October 16, 2023. To learn more about the timeline for migration, see: Common Questions.
Choosing to use the new Budget Changes experience will not impact the function of your ERP integration or the steps in this tutorial. If you encounter a step with directions regarding Budget Modifications and you have already adopted Budget Changes, please take the same action in Budget Changes as you would in Budget Modifications.
To learn more about the new Budget Changes experience, see: Budget: New 'Budget Changes' Feature for Change Management in Project Financials