Items That Carry Over to Your New Project
The following table identifies the project items that are carried over when you create a new project based on a template.
|Procore Tools||Configure Settings||Most of the advanced setting configurations for each tool except for Programme and the Project Home will carry over to a new project.
See the "Configure Advanced Settings" tutorials on the site for more information on each of a tool's specific advanced settings.
Note: Project level Observation Templates will not carry over to a new project.
|Admin (Company Level)||Project Settings > Cost Codes||Cost codes added to the Company level Admin tool and related data in the template are carried over to new projects.|
|Project Settings > Defaults > Programmes||The list of Programmes added to the template are carried over to the new project. See Add a Custom Programme.|
|Project Settings > Locations||The setting for the Only Allow Locations to be Created in the Location Manager Above tickbox under Location Settings is carried over to the new project. Note: When the tickbox is cleared, users are able to create locations from any location field in the Procore web application.|
|Webhooks||Project level Webhooks configuration including Notification Endpoint and Authorisation Header field values are carried over to new projects. Note: Only Webhooks configured in the default Procore namespace are carried over to new projects.|
|Admin (Project Level)||Project Settings > General||The following settings from the General page of Project Settings are copied to your new project: Project Stage drop-down menu, Office drop-down menu, Project Type drop-down menu, Enable Sub Jobs checkbox, Enable DocuSign checkbox and Prevent Overbilling on this Project checkbox.|
|Project Settings > Equipment||The items added to the Equipment Name list are copied to your new project.|
|Project Settings > Working Days||Working Days are carried over to your new project. See Set Project Working Days.|
|Tendering||Configure Settings||All settings on the Tender Package Default Settings page are carried over to new projects. See Configure Advanced Settings: Tendering.|
|Variations||Configure Settings > Variation Configuration||The variation configuration you establish in a project template will be carried over to new projects based on the template. You can pick either a single tier, two tier or three tier variation configuration for both the main contract and commitment sides. The configuration for variation tiers can be different between the main contract and commitment sides.|
|Commitments||Commitments List||Fields in the General tab on purchase orders and subcontracts carry over, excluding Number (#), Contract Company, Payment Application Contacts and Attachments. In addition, a commitment's status is updated to 'Draft' in the new project.
Line items in the Bill of Quantities tab also carry over to a new project, except for the cost code assignment. This is because project codes do not carry over to new projects. The budget code on the BOQ retains the cost type assignment.
|Site Diary||Configure Settings > Project Settings (Site Diary Settings)||The Site Diary Settings from the source project are copied to the new project (Note: Individual site diary entries, emails, change history and any configuration settings created under the Manpower Categories area of the Site Diary Settings page are NOT copied to the new project).|
|Directory||Project Directory (Users & Companies)||If the project template contains users and companies in the Project Directory tool, those companies and persons will be added to any new project created with the template.|
|Documents||Document Subfolder Structures||Under the project's Documents tool, the subfolder structure will carry over. However, none of the files located within those subfolders will be carried over because they are most likely project-specific documents that should not be added to every new project. For example, you may want all projects to place their files into folders where the same folder names and folder structure are used across all projects. See Create a Standard Folder Structure.|
|Documents||Files in the Root Document Directory||Files that are placed at the root (topmost) level and are not located in the subfolder, will be carried over. For example, you may want the same safety regulations document added to each new project. Files can be added to the main project folder via Procore Drive or by dragging and dropping a document to the top of the folder tree to your project's folder from a subfolder in the web application.|
|Drawings||Configure Settings > Discipline Abbreviation Setup||Drawing Discipline Abbreviations set up in the Drawings tool's configure settings will carry over to new projects. See Configure Default Drawing Disciplines.|
|Inspections||Configure Settings > Create Inspection Template||
Inspections template and related data are carried over to new projects. See Create a Project Level Inspection Template.
|Invoicing||Configure Settings||All settings under Default Billing Period, Emails and Other are carried over to new projects.|
|Meetings||Configure Settings||All settings on the Meetings Settings page, including 'Meeting View' and 'Automatically Show Previous Minutes', are carried over to new projects. See Configure Advanced Settings: Meetings.|
|Photos||Configure Settings||All settings on the Photo Settings page are carried over to new projects. See Configure Advanced Settings: Photos.|
|Main Contract||Bill of Quantities Tab||The data in the Bill of Quantities (BOQ) tab on the projects template is carried over to new projects. In addition, the Advanced Settings are carried over.|
|Snag List||Configure Settings > Snag List Settings > Snag Item Types||The list of 'Snag Item Types' created in the Configure Settings page of the project's Snag List tool. See Create Snag Item Types.|
|Snag List||Configure Settings > Snag List Settings > Punch Emails||The Punch email settings configured in the Configure Settings page of the project's Snag List tool. See Create Snag Item Types.|
|Snag List||Configure Settings > Snag List Settings > Snag List Templates||
The project-level punch templates can now be carried over to a new project. See Create a Project Level Snag Item Template.
|Programme||Programme Integration Selection||If you have identified a particular programme integration in a project template, that selection will be carried over to new projects created from the template. However, any programme data that may exist in the template will not be carried over.|
|RFIs||Configure Settings > RFI Emails||Any email settings configured in the Configure Settings page of the RFIs tool are carried over to the new project. See How do I control which emails are sent by Procore during the RFI process?|
|Submittals||Configure Settings > Submittal Responses||Any custom submittal responses that have been created in the source project are carried over to the new project. See Create Custom Submittal Responses.|
|Submittals||Configure Settings > Submittal Emails||Any email settings configured in the Configure Settings page of the Submittals tool are carried over to the new project. See When does the Submittals tool send email notifications to Procore users?|
|Submittals||Number Submittal by Spec Section||This setting is enabled in Procore by default. If you have requested to have Procore disable this feature, this setting will carry over to a new project in the disabled state. See Request to Disable Number Submittals by Spec Section.|
|Timesheets||Configure Settings > Timesheets Settings||Time Entry Settings and any Additional Fields that are enabled will carry over to new projects.|
Items That Do NOT Carry Over to Your New Project
Any preference that is NOT in the list above including:
- Project Admin: General Settings: Project Name, Active Project, Job Number, Project Description, Square Feet, Job Phone, Job Fax, Address, City, Country, County, Postcode, Latitude/Longitude, Estimated Start Date, Estimated Completion Date, Warranty Start Date, Warranty End Date, Actual Start Date, Projected Finish Date, Actual Start Date, Projected Finish Date, Parent Job, Estimated Project Value, Office, Project Flag, Departments, Programme, Tender Type, Owner Type, Region, Copy Directory From, Project Logo.
- Subscribers/Tool-specific distribution groups: Any subscribers or default distribution group members that are set up in the configuration page of a tool will not be copied to the new project's configuration settings.
- Change Events. Attachment settings from the Change Events tool do NOT carry over. See Set Attachment Settings.
- Commitments: The values in the following fields in the General tab on purchase orders and subcontracts do NOT carry over: Number (#), Contract Company, Payment Application Contacts and Attachments.
- Cost Codes: Project level cost codes.
- Site Diary: Individual site diary entries, emails, change history and any configuration settings created under the Manpower Categories area of the Site Diary Settings page are NOT copied to the new project.
- Default Distribution Lists: On specific tools (RFIs, Submittals, Site Diary, etc.).
- Programme Integration Data: However, as stated above, your selection of which programme tool you would like to integrate with will carry over (MS Project vs. Primavera P6).
- Spec Sections
- Sub Jobs: Sub jobs do NOT carry over to new projects. However, the configuration setting for enabling sub jobs does carry over. See Enable Sub Jobs.
- Drawing Sheets
- Meetings: For example, types, templates and agenda structure.
- Photos: Albums do not carry over to new projects.
- Project Home Configuration Settings
- Project Team
- Project Links: Project Links do not carry over to new projects. See Add or Modify Project Links.
- RFIs: The Assignees' Responses are Required by Default setting does NOT carry over on a project template. See Configure Advanced Settings: RFIs.
- Reports and Custom Reports
- Company Level Webhooks: Only project level Webhooks are carried over from templates to new projects.
- Submittal Workflow Templates: Project level Submittal workflow templates do NOT carry over on a project template.
- Tasks: Individual action items do not carry over to new projects.