To learn more about the accounting approver role, review the answers to frequently asked questions below:
- How do I identify an accounting approver in Procore?
- Which permissions are accounting approvers granted?
- Are accounting approvers notified when data is awaiting acceptance for export in the ERP Integrations tool?
- I am an accounting approver. How do I accept or reject data for export?
How do I identify an accounting approver in Procore?
Once a Procore user is designated as an accounting approver, this badge appears next to their user profile in Procore's Company and Project Directory.
Which permissions are accounting approvers granted?
To become an accounting approver in Procore, your user account will need to be granted the following permission and privilege:
- 'Standard' or 'Admin' on the company's ERP Integrations tool.
- The person's account must be granted the 'Can Push to Accounting' privilege in the Company Directory.
Note: To submit a request to be granted this privilege, your company's Procore Administrator must submit request to your Procore point of contact. This privilege can only be granted to individuals by Procore.
Are accounting approvers notified when data is awaiting acceptance for export in the ERP Integrations tool?
Yes. Procore sends a daily automated email notification to all designated accounting approvers on a project. The email alerts the approvers that data has been sent to the ERP Integrations tool for review and that those items are awaiting an 'Accept' or 'Reject' response.
Note: If an accounting approver initially submits a 'Reject' response, the system will NOT send an immediate automated email notification after the corrected information is sent to the ERP Integrations tool.
I am an accounting approver. How do I accept or reject data for export?
To learn how an accounting approver accepts or rejects data for export to an integrated ERP system, see the user guide for your specific integration and look for the appropriate tutorials: