Things to Consider
Before purchasing a device for using Procore, consider the specifications and features that are most important for you and your end-users. For example:
- Internet connectivity capabilities
- Storage capacity
- Battery life
Note: If you are deciding between iOS, Android, and Windows devices, you can compare Procore’s app functionality across mobile devices here: User Permission Matrix: Mobile.
We recommend either using Procore’s iOS or Android applications for on-the-go field use.
For Procore iOS App
- We recommend any modern iPad with a supported iOS software version. View modern iPads here: https://www.apple.com/ipad/compare/.
- For more information on the features available on the iOS app, see Procore Mobile (iOS).
For Procore Android App
- We recommend modern tablets such as the Samsung Galaxy Tab S tablets or ASUS ZenPad tablets that are running a supported Android software.
- For more information on the features available on the Android app, see Procore Mobile (Android).
Minimum device specifications to run the Procore app
We recommend using devices that have at least 32GB of free storage. However, some projects may require more free storage, as a device may need 5-10 GBs of storage per project for your drawings, photos and other documents. We also recommend to follow industry standard Corporate IT equipment guidelines of replacing your device every 2-3 years, so that your device’s speed and battery capacity keep up with the demands of the most up-to-date operating system and applications.
For monthly data plans, Procore recommends individual users be at a minimum of 3GB, and that they monitor usage and use WiFi whenever available.
If you have cached items for offline use, the Procore app will store data locally to your device. The amount of space required on your device will depend on the number of these items within each project. As a rough guide, each page of a drawing requires 1.5 MB of space, each photo is roughly 1 MB and each page of a document is roughly 1.5 MB. So for large projects, it is not uncommon for the Procore app to store between 5-10 GB total. See How do I manage the storage the Procore mobile app is using on my device?