To create a crew using the Procore app on an iOS mobile device.
Laborers on job sites are managed into groups called crews so they can be more easily programmed, dispatched and organised on job sites. Each crew consists of workers who perform one or more scope of work (e.g. a crew of concrete workers) and is lead by a Crew Lead or Foreman, who is responsible for the crew’s work.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- ‘Standard’ or 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Crews tool.
This action can be performed in offline mode (i.e. when an active network connection is not available on your mobile device). Tasks performed in offline mode will be synced with Procore once a network connection has been reestablished.
- Navigate to the project's Crews tool using the Procore app on an iOS mobile device.
- Tap the Create icon.
- Tap Create Crew.
- Tap into the following fields to enter the appropriate information:
- Crew Name: Tap to enter a name for the crew.
- Crew Lead: Tap the field to navigate to a list of team members from which you can select the crew's lead.
Note: Crews will only show in the 'My Crews' view if you are selected as the Crew Lead of those crews.
- Crew Members: Tap the field to navigate to a list of team members from which you can add to the crew.
- Tap Save.