Starting March 3, 2022 through approximately the end of the month, Procore is deploying a gradual, phased release of Work Breakdown Structure (WBS). WBS is a robust, flexible method for organizing and reporting on financial information. This update includes the new WBS user experience in the Company and Project level Admin tools and it will be deployed to all Procore customers. To learn more, see Introducing Work Breakdown Structure.
Important! Once your company receives the Work Breakdown structure update, you will no longer use the steps below. Instead, edit the segment items on the 'Sub Job' segment as described in Edit Segment Items on a Project.
To edit the name of a sub job in a Procore project to match the name of a sub job in your ERP Integration. Sub jobs are referred to as 'Extras' in Sage 300 CRE®
After importing a sub job from your ERP Integration into Procore, companies will sometimes need to change the name of that sub job in their ERP system. When this occurs, you can use the steps below to manually edit the name in Procore. Important! Do not change the name of a sub job in Procore unless the value you are changing it to exactly matches the sub job in your ERP System.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' level permission on the project's Admin tool.
- The sub job in your ERP system must already be added and synced with Procore. See Import a ERP Sub Job to a Procore Project.
- Additional Information:
- Cost codes and categories that are assigned to a sub job must be maintained in your ERP system (not Procore).
- You cannot delete a sub job if there are cost codes tied to that sub job.
- Navigate to the project's Admin tool.
- Under Project Settings, click Sub Jobs.
- In the Sub Job column, double-click the sub job description. Then type the new description over the previous one to update it.
- Your entry must exactly match the change you made to the sub job in your ERP system.
- If you are using Sage 300 CRE®, there is a maximum character limit for 'Extras'. See What is the maximum character length for a Sub Job?