To change the Procore Login ID email address for your Procore user account.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Read Only' level permissions or higher on the Company level Portfolio tool.
- Additional Information:
- You can update your login email address on all Procore user accounts associated with that login email address.
- If your company's email domain is managed by SSO in Procore, only users with 'Admin' level permissions on the Company level Directory tool can change the login email address for you and other users who belong to the same SSO domain by editing your user account in the Directory tool. See Edit a User Account in the Company Directory and Can I change a person's email address in the Directory?
- Update Your Procore Login ID Email Address
- Create a New Procore Account with Your New Email Address
Update Your Procore Login ID Email Address
Note: If you do NOT see the options in the steps below, you must follow the steps in Create a New Procore Account with Your New Email Address detailed below if you need to change your Procore login ID email address.
- Log into the Procore web application.
- Click the Account & Profile icon in the top-right corner of the Procore navigation bar.
- Click My Profile Settings.
- Click the Login tab.
- Enter your new email address in the 'Login' field.
Note: This will only update the email address that you use to log into Procore. The email address which receives email from Procore will not be affected unless you update the 'Email Address' field in the Personal tab of My Profile Settings.
- Enter your Procore password in the 'Confirm Password' field.
- Click Update.
A banner displays to confirm the update.
Create a New Procore Account with Your New Email Address
Note: You might want to create a new Procore account when you get a new email address if you do not want to be associated with any of the items that you created with your former email address.
- Contact a user at your company with 'Admin' level permissions to the Company level Directory tool.
- Ask the 'Admin' user to do the following:
- Deactivate your current account. See Inactivate a Batch of User Accounts in the Company Directory.
- Create a new Procore account using your new email address. See Add a User Account to the Company Directory or Add a User Account to the Project Directory.
- After your new Procore account is created and you receive a 'Welcome to Procore' email, follow the steps in How to Log in to Procore Web (app.procore.com).