To export a timer list as an Intuit Interchange Format (IIF) file from QuickBooks® Desktop.
If your company is collecting timecard entries with Procore's Timesheets tool and processing your payroll with QuickBooks® Desktop, you can export that data from Procore and import it into QuickBooks® Desktop. However, before you can export that data from Procore, you first need to perform a few set up steps. This tutorial describes the first step in the setup process—exporting a preformatted Intuit Interchange Format (IIF) file from the QuickBooks® Desktop system where you intend to transfer your Procore time entry data.
- The IIF file provides the data structure that Procore needs to ensure that transferred data is formatted as required in QuickBooks®. Your IIF file must match this structure:
- Cost Codes Numbering
- Cost Codes Format
- Time Types (QuickBooks® Payroll Item)
- Employee Names
- Customer Names
- Job Names
- Technical support or assistance for creating or importing an Intuit Interchange Format (IIF) file is NOT provided. It is recommended that you always create a backup of your IIF file in case you need to reference it later.
- Transferring time entries from Procore is a separate function and does NOT require the Procore + QuickBooks® Connector.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- Administrator permissions to QuickBooks® Desktop.
- You must log into QuickBooks® Desktop in Single-user mode. For details about Single-user mode, visit QuickBooks® Help.
- Supported Versions:
- QuickBooks® Desktop (2021 or earlier)
- QuickBooks® Desktop (2022) with QuickBooks® Time
- Review the process defined in Transfer Procore Time Entries to QuickBooks® Desktop.
- Log in to QuickBooks® Desktop as an Administrator in Single-user mode. For details about Single-user mode, visit QuickBooks® Help.
- Click File.
- Click Utilities.
- Click Export.
- Click Timer Lists.
- In the Export window, complete the following:
- In the Save In drop-down menu, select the location where you want to save the .IIF file.
- In the File Name field, type in the file name you want to use (such as 'timer list').
- In the File Type drop-down menu, select IIF Files (*.IIF).
- Click Save.
- In the saved confirmation message, click OK.