Transfer Procore Timecard Entries to QuickBooks® Desktop
To transfer time entries from the Company level Timesheets to QuickBooks® Desktop.
If your company processes its payroll using QuickBooks® Desktop, you can transfer the time entries from Procore's Company level Timesheets tool using a simple file export process. However, before you can start that data transfer, you must complete some set up steps:
- Export a preformatted Intuit Interchange Format (IIF) file from the QuickBooks® system where you intend to transfer your Procore data.
- Configure the Timesheets tool's payroll settings for QuickBooks®.
- Import the IIF file from QuickBooks® into Procore's Company level Timesheets tool.
- The IIF file provides the data structure that Procore needs to ensure that transferred data is formatted as required in QuickBooks®. Your IIF file must match this structure:
- Cost Codes Numbering
- Cost Codes Format
- Time Types (QuickBooks® Payroll Item)
- Employee Names
- Customer Names
- Job Names
- Technical support or assistance for creating or importing an Intuit Interchange Format (IIF) file is NOT provided. It is recommended that you always create a backup of your IIF file in case you need to reference it later.
- Transferring time entries from Procore is a separate function and does NOT require the Procore + QuickBooks® Connector.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- To export your time entries, 'Read Only' level permissions on the company's Timesheets tool.
- To import your time entries, you must be in Single User mode with 'Admin' level permissions on QuickBooks® Desktop.
- Supported Versions:
- QuickBooks® Desktop (2021 or earlier)
- QuickBooks® Desktop (2022) with QuickBooks® Time
- Enable the Company level Timesheets tool.
Video content may not accurately reflect the current state of the system and/or it may be out of date.
- Export a Timer List as an IIF file from QuickBooks® Desktop
- Configure the Company Timesheets Payroll Settings
- Export Time Entries from Procore to Import into QuickBooks® Desktop
- Import Procore Time Entries into QuickBooks® Desktop
NoteSome terms may vary between Procore and QuickBooks®. The table below is a list of terms as they exist in Procore and in QuickBooks®
|Cost Code||Service Item|
|Project Name||Job Name|
|QuickBooks Customer (Project Admin Settings)||Customer|
|Time Type||Payroll Item|