To import your Procore time entries into QuickBooks® Desktop.
If your company processes its payroll using QuickBooks® Desktop, you can transfer the time entries from Procore's Company level Timesheets tool using a simple file export process. However, before you can start that data transfer, you must complete some set up steps:
- Export a preformatted Intuit Interchange Format (IIF) file from the QuickBooks® system where you intend to transfer your Procore data.
- Configure the Timesheets tool's payroll settings for QuickBooks®.
- Import the IIF file from QuickBooks® into Procore's Company level Timesheets tool.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- Administrator permissions to QuickBooks® Desktop
- Review the process at Transfer Procore Time Entries to QuickBooks® Desktop.
- Complete the steps in Export a Timer List as an IIF file from QuickBooks® Desktop.
- Follow the steps in Configure the Company Timesheets Payroll Settings.
- Complete the steps in Export Time Entries from Procore to Import into QuickBooks® Desktop.
- Log in to QuickBooks® Desktop as the Admin in Single User mode.
- Click File.
- Click Utilities.
- Click Import.
- Click Timer Activities.
- In the 'Import Activities from Timer' window, click OK.
- Select your IIF file.
Note: If you get the ‘Warning’ message “This import file was created by an old version of the QuickBooks Pro Timer”, click OK to continue with the import process.
- Click Open.
- Verify the data is correct in QuickBooks© Desktop.
Note: To see more information on an item, select an item and click View Report.