The content on this page details the legacy experience for main contract payment applications. If you are a Project Financials user who is participating in the Beta program for main contract payment applications, different steps are available.
Limited ReleaseThe Client Contracts tool is available as a limited release for Procore customers in the United States and Canada who have implemented the Procore for Speciality Contractors point-of-view dictionary. To learn more, see What dictionaries and languages are available in the Procore web application?
To email a MC/Client payment application to a main contractor or client as a request for payment.
If you are a speciality contractor who is managing a construction project in your Procore account, you can send a copy of the Detail tab of the MC payment application to a main contractor or client. Keep in mind that the steps below send only send a PDF copy of the Detail tab. It does NOT send a copy of the Configurable PDF tab.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Client Contracts tool.
- Additional Information:
- You can also navigate to the payment application in the project's Payment applications tool. See Email a MC/Client Payment application from the Client Contracts Tool.
- Navigate to the project's Client Contracts, Funding, or Main Contracts tool.
- Click the Payment Applications tab.
- In the table, locate the contract or funding that the payment application is billing against.
- Click the Number link to open the contract or funding.
- Click the Email Payment application button.
This launches the 'Forward Payment application #[#] for [Contract or Funding] #[#] - [Billing Period Start - Billing Period End]' window in the Emails tab of the payment application.
- The Email Payment application button sends a copy of the payment application's 'Detail' tab to the designated recipients.
- The data on the 'Configurable PDF' tab of the payment application is NOT provided with this email message.
- Complete the following fields:
- To. Enter the name of the person you are requesting payment from.
- CC. Enter in names of people you want to be copied on the email thread. Your name appears in this field by default.
- Private. Mark this tickbox if you only want the payment application to be available to the payment application administrator and those named in the To/Cc fields.
- Subject. This field will populate with the number of the payment application.
- Attachments. Attach any related documents or files.
- Message. Include an additional message regarding the payment application.
- Click Send.
A YELLOW 'Communication Created' banner appears to confirm the outgoing message has been created and added to Procore's outgoing email queue.
- A record of your outgoing message is saved in the 'Emails' tab on the payment application.
- Any messages sent to the 'From' address on your outgoing message are automatically saved in the payment application's 'Emails' tab. This provides your message recipients with the convenience to use the reply feature in their email program. It also captures your collaborator's approve or reject responses in writing.