To add a related item to an instruction in the Instructions tool.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- To add a related item, 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Instructions tool.
- To view a related item's title, 'Read Only' level permissions or higher on the project's Instructions tool.
- Additional Information:
- For a selection to appear in the 'Type' menu, the corresponding tool must be an active tool on the project. See Add and Remove Project Tools.
- For a selection to appear in the 'Description' menu, you must be granted the appropriate permission to view that item in the corresponding Procore tool.
- Navigate to the project's Instructions tool.
- Click Edit next to the instruction that you want to add the related item to.
- Click Related Items.
- Click Edit.
- Complete the following fields:
- Type. Select the type of item you would like to relate to the instruction. (Note: You can only add items that are already in Procore. You can choose from a long list of items like tender, RFIs, productivity log, main contract variation or a task.)
- Description. Once you choose a type, the drop-down menu under 'Description' will populate with the items in your project's Procore account that match the type, or you will see an empty field where you can enter your own description.
- Date. The date will automatically populate with the date that the item was created in Procore.
- Click Add.
- Click Save.