To update advanced settings for a main contract using the controls in the Main Contracts tool's Advanced Settings tab.
If you are a user with 'Admin' permission on the Main Contracts tool, the steps below show you how to edit advanced settings for the project's main contract. This includes choosing an accounting method for the Bill of Quantities (BOQ), enabling financial markup, main contract payment application settings, comments settings and payment settings. In addition to these Advanced Settings, additional contract configuration settings are on the tool's Configure Settings page. See Configure Settings: Main Contracts.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Admin' on the project's Main Contracts tool.
- Additional Information:
- Additional contract configuration settings are on the tool's Configure Settings page. See Configure Settings: Main Contracts.
- Navigate to the project's Main Contracts tool.
- Click Advanced Settings.
Note: If your browser window is not in full screen mode, choose More > Advanced Settings.
- Click Edit.
- Under Bill of Quantities Settings, set the following:
- Accounting Method. Select Amount Based or Unit/Qty Based. After you create one or more line item, you will not be permitted to modify this setting. See How do I determine my accounting method? for more information on the difference between Amount Based and Unit/Quantity based.
- Under Financial Markup Settings, set the following:
- Enable Financial Markups. Place a tick in this box to enable financial markup on Main Contract Variations only. For more information, see Add Financial Markup to Main Contract Variations.
- Under Owner Payment Application Settings, set the following:
- Enable Owner Payment Applications. Place a tick in this box to enable owner payment applications on the main contract.
- Enable Completed Work Retention. Place a tick in this box to enable work completed work retention on Main Contract Variations.
- Enable Stored Material Retention. Place a tick in this box to enable stored material retention on Main Contract Variations
- Level of Detail to Display on Variations. The level of detail that is selected here determines how variations will be displayed on the detail page of the Owner Payment Application when being viewed or printed from Procore. See What are the different variation tiers?. The entry and editing of this information will always occur at the line item level of detail. Select one of the following:
- Main Contract Variation
- Potential Variation
- Line items in each Potential Variation
- Variation Requests
- Show Markup on Payment Application PDF and CSV. Place a tick in this box to show financial markup on the Detail tab's Export > PDF or Export > CSV for the Owner Payment Applications. For the CSV option, markup line items will be included at the bottom of the CSV file.
- Approve Subcontractor Payment Applications when Owner Approves Main Contract Payment Applications. Place a tick in this box so that once an owner approves a main contract payment application, the subcontractor payment application is also approved. This functionality will only be enabled if main contract payment applications are prefilled with payment applications. To learn how main contract payment applications are prefilled, see Create a Payment Application.
- Show Cost Code on PDF. Place a tick in this box to show cost codes on PDF of Owner Payment Applications for the Summary and Detail tab (there is no cost code column in the Configurable PDF tab, but cost codes will show in headers if grouped by cost code).
- Under Payment Settings, set the following:
- Enable Comments. Place a tick in this box to see a Comments subtab where users with 'Admin' permissions can leave comments.
- Enable Payments. Place a tick in this box to enable payments on the main contract.
- Click Save.