Phased Release: New Admin & Collaborator Views for Subcontractor Payment applicationsOn March 23, 2022, the modernised subcontractor payment application experience was turned ON in all Procore project's using Procore's Payment application Management tools. To give you time to preview the design changes, Procore is providing users with the option to switch between the modernised and legacy experience until February 2023. After February 2023, the ability to exit out of the new experience will be removed and the legacy experience will no longer be available in Procore. To learn more, see Financial Management: New Admin & Collaborator Views for Subcontractor Payment applications.
NoteIf you have the legacy version of subcontractor invoices, see About the Commitments Tool instead of the information below.
To manage the rows and columns in the 'Bill of Quantities' section of a downstream payment application.
If you want to show, hide, group, sort or size the columns in the 'Bill of Quantities' table in the project's Commitments tool, there are a variety of operations you can use to organise the line items on your payment applications.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' level permissions or higher on the project's Commitments tool.
- Access permissions to the Payment applications & Progress Billings tools are governed by the permissions set on the Commitments and/or Client Contracts, Funding or Main Contracts tool. Procore tool names vary, depending on the language or point-of-view dictionary configured in Procore. See What dictionaries and languages are available in the Procore web application?
- If you are a collaborator (for example, an payment application contact employed by a company performing work on a project managed in Procore, your ability to perform invoice-related tasks is determined by the Procore company account holder. Settings that the account holder may choose to provide to you include:
- A Procore User account.
- Access permissions to the project's Commitments and/or Client Contracts, Funding or Main Contracts tool.
- Membership on the 'Private' list of a specific contract or funding
- Designated as an 'Invoice Contact' on the contract or funding.
- 'Admin' level permissions or higher on the project's Commitments tool.
- Set and Release Retention
- Manage Table Settings
- Manage Columns
- Overflow Menu
Set and Release Retention
You can set and release retention on all or select payment application line items by clicking the desired line items to place a tick in the corresponding box. Then click the pencil icon above the BOQ table to open the 'Edit' pane on the right side of the page. This opens the Edit page on the right side of the BOQ table. Enter your retention values and click the Apply button.
Manage Table Settings
You can adjust row height and show/hide columns using the Table Settings options in the Bill of Quantities. First, click the Table Settings icon on the top-right side of the BOQ table. This reveals the Table Settings pane on the right side of the web page. To close the Table Settings pane, click the 'x' in the top-right corner.
Under Row Height, choose the Small, Medium or Large option button. Procore's default setting is Medium.
To choose the columns to show and hide, click the Table Settings icon on the top-right side of the contracts table. This reveals the Table Settings pane on the right side of the web page. Under the Configure Columns area, move the toggle to the right to turn the column display ON. Procore's default setting is to show all available columns.
- The blank line at the top of the 'Configure Columns' list is used to turn the 'Grand Totals' on the BOQ table ON and OFF.
- By default, all of the available columns on a payment application are turned ON.
Other options in the Table Settings area include:
- To hide a specific column, move the toggle to the left.
- To show a specific column, move the toggle to the right.
- To restore Procore's default column settings, click the Reset to Default link.
Adjust Column Width
To adjust the width of a single column, hover your cursor over the right border of a column heading until the resize handle icon appears. Then drag the handle to the left or right to set the desired column width. If you press the SHIFT key while holding down the resize handle, a blue outline appears over the active column to help you see your column adjustment.
To move a column to another position in the table, click and hold the desired column's heading. Then use a drag-and-drop operation to place in the position you want.
To sort the table's data by a specific column, click any column heading to reveal a BLUE arrow to adjust the sort order of the table.
|Icon||Sort Order||Additional Information|
|Ascending||To reset your columns, hover your cursor over the right side of a column heading until the vertical ellipsis appears. Then choose Reset Columns from the drop-down menu.|
To open a drop-down menu with additional column options, hover your cursor over the right side of a column heading until a vertical ellipsis appears. Then click the vertical ellipsis to reveal an Overflow menu with the additional options. The options are pictured below.
Group By Column
All columns contain an 'Group By' option in the Overflow menu. This lets you group the table's data by the column you select.
Column Grouping Options
Simply hover your mouse cursor over one of these columns until the vertical ellipsis for the Overflow menu appears. Then click the ellipsis and select the column Group By option. You can also apply multiple grouping options to your table by selecting the same option on other columns.
To keep data columns in the Contracts table from moving when you scroll, you can pin a column to freeze it in place. To do this, hover your cursor over the right side of a column heading unit the vertical ellipsis appears. Next, click the vertical ellipsis and choose Pin Column. Then choose one of these options:
- To pin a column on the left side of the table, choose Pin Left.
- To pin a column on the left side of the table, choose Pin Right.
- Procore pins columns to the left or right side of the page in the order columns are pinned.
- You can rearrange your pinned columns by dragging and dropping a column into the desired position.
- You can pin columns to both the left and right side of the table.
- To remove all pins, choose No Pin.
Autosize this Column
To automatically set the width of a column to match its contents, hover your cursor over the right side of a column heading until the vertical ellipsis appears. Then click the vertical ellipsis and select the Autosize This Column option from the drop-down menu.
Autosize All Columns
To automatically set the width of all columns in the table to best match the contents, hover your cursor over the right side of a column heading until the vertical ellipsis appears. Then click the vertical ellipsis and select the Autosize All Columns option from the drop-down menu.
To reset the table's columns to Procore's default settings, hover your cursor over the right side of a column heading until the vertical ellipsis appears. Then click the vertical ellipsis and select the Reset Columns option from the drop-down menu. This resets all of your column settings to Procore's default settings.