To designate the the 'Default Submittal Manager' for a project's Submittals tool.
In Procore, a submittal manager is a person responsible for overseeing a submittal throughout its lifecycle. If you create a submittal and have 'Standard' or 'Admin' level permission to the Submittals tool, your name appears as the 'Submittal Manager' by default. However, users with 'Admin' level permission to the Submittals tool have the ability to assign the submittal manager role to any Procore user who has been granted 'Standard' or 'Admin' level permission to the Submittals tool (Note: Users with 'Standard' permission do not have permission to change the submittal manager). The 'Submittal Manager' field lets you change ownership of a submittal when the person who created a submittal (or that submittal's current manager) is no longer a member of the project team.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- To designate the project's 'Default Submittal Manager', 'Admin' level permission on the project's Submittals tool.
- To be designated as the project's 'Default Submittal Manager', 'Standard' level permission or higher on the project's Submittals tool.
Note: Users with 'Standard' level permission do NOT have the ability to change the 'Submittal Manager' on individual submittals.
- Navigate to the project's Submittals tool.
This reveals the Submittals page.
- Click Configure Settings .
This reveals the Submittal Settings page.
- Under Submittal Settings, do the following:
Default Submittal Manager. Select the desired submittal manager. See What is the 'Submittal Manager' role?
Update. Click this button to save the item.