Below are a list of notable changes to Procore for the week ending December 1, 2017.
Published: December 4, 2017
Updated The Cost Types Configuration Page
- Updated the Cost Types Configuration page to replace the label for 'Line Item Type' with 'Cost Type'.
- Learn More: Set Default Cost Types
Two New Granular Permissions for the Budget Tool
- Now, 'Admin' users can create and manage a permission template that includes granular permissions on the project's Budget tool to perform these tasks (1) Create and edit original budget amount and (2) import a budget from a Comma Separated Values (CSV) file.
- Why? Both of these new granular permissions will allow users with 'Read-only' and/or 'Standard' level permission to perform actions that were previously limited to users with 'Admin' level permission on the Budget tool. This allows non-admin users the privilege to perform specific tasks without having to provide them with the privilege to perform 'Admin' tasks, such a configuring tool settings and deleting the budget.
- Learn More: Directory: New Granular Permissions for the Budget Tool.
Changed Name of Granular Permission for Viewing Snag Items
- Changed the name of a new granular permission from 'View All Company Snag Items' to 'View Private Snag Items Assigned to Users Within Same Company'.
- Why? This is a more specific description for the tickbox label.
- Learn More: Grant Granular Permissions in a Permission Template
Updated Styling On Publish Report Modal for Custom Reports
- Added new columns to the Company and Project Level Potential Variation custom report: Workflow State, Ball in Court, Action required by Duration.
- Updated the Publish Report modal with minor styling changes for custom reports.
- Learn More: Publish a Custom Report
Updated Commitment Totals In CSV/PDF File Exports
- Updated the 'Commitment Totals' column for export files from the Commitments tool. Now, the CSV and PDF file export displays the total in the expected currency formatting. This update affects exports for the Change Event Index, Summary, RFQ or Recycle Bin pages.
Added Detail Information To The Programme Email Notification
- The programme update email has been updated to show similar information as the weekly project programme email. Also added a link to the Programme tool on the weekly project programme, weekly resource programme and programme upload emails.
New! Employee Time Signature & Verification
- (Procore Web) Updated the Project level Timesheets tool to include a Signature and Description field.
- Why? Its important to include remarks when someone leaves the jobsite but continues to work (e.g., when making deliveries). The Comment field allows users to enter comments about their hours worked. The Signature field lets users with 'Read-Only' level permission or higher view their signature on user's time entry.
- Learn More: Timesheets: Sign & Verify Timesheet Entries.