To edit the information that appears on the landing page of one of the programmes (i.e. project groups) in the company.
A project is a construction effort with a defined start and end date with specific goals and objectives that, when obtained, signify completion of the project. A programme is a group of related construction projects that provide your organisation with benefits from managing projects as a group, over managing projects individually. There are countless ways to organise your company's projects into programmes, such as:
- Region. For example, you might create programmes for the four (4) regions of the U.K., such as 'Northeast', 'Midwest', 'South' and 'West'.
- Sector. For example, you might create programmes for the different construction sectors, such as 'Buildings', 'Infrastructure' and 'Industrial'.
- Project Management. For example, you might create programmes for 'Internal Projects' and 'External Projects'.
After creating a new programme (see Add Programmes), use the steps below to add the programme's details.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Admin' level permissions on the company's Admin tool.
- Additional Information:
- To see which projects are assigned to the programme, click the "+" icon to the right of the programme name.
- Navigate to the company's Admin tool.
This reveals the Company Settings page.
- Under Project Settings, click Defaults.
This opens the Project Settings page, which contains the Programmes list.
- Scroll down to the section called '
- Click Edit next to the desired programme.
This opens the Editing Programme page.
- Complete the following data entry as desired:
- Name. The title that you put into this field will appear at the top of the page in the Programme's landing page, as well as on the Programmes tool's landing page.
- Photo. Upload a photo to appear on the Programmes tab.
- Logo. Upload a logo for the programme, if applicable. Similarly, you can also upload and use your company's logo instead. (Note: The logo must be in one of the following file formats: .png, .pdf, .jpg, .gif)
- Location. Add the location of the programme. You may add more than one location, if applicable.
- Website. If your company or programme has a related website, you can add a helpful hyperlink, which will appear under the programme's location information.
- Latitude/Longitude. The retrieved weather information is based upon the programme's specified latitude and longitude coordinates. Add the latitude and longitude coordinates here. (e.g. 34.3).
- Postcode. Include the postcode that should be associated with the programme.
- iFrame URL. If you want to display part of a webpage in an iFrame, enter the URL of a webpage that you want to display. For example, you might want to a link to a live webcam feed, web portal, map view, aerial view and so on. If you do NOT want to display a webpage in an iFrame, leave this field blank.
- iFrame Height. Specify the height (in pixels) of the iFrame that you want to display on the programme's page. The default value is 500px. If you do NOT want to display a webpage in an iFrame, enter 0.
- Textarea 1 and Textarea 2. Use these free-form text fields to add any additional details or notes.
- Attachments. Attach any files that apply to every project in the programme.
- Projects in the Programme. Click the links to view the projects within the programme. See Add Projects to a Programme.
- Click Save Programme.
- Repeat the steps above for each programme.
When you open the page, a tile appears for each programme. You can click a tile to open a page that shows all the projects associated with a programme. The image below shows you what a programme page looks like. In this example, we did NOT include an iFrame.