To add a change event line item to an unapproved commitment variation.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission: 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Change Events tool and 'Admin' level permissions on the Commitments tool.
- You can only add change event line items to commitment variations that do not have the status of 'Approved.'
If you have two tiers configured for variations, you will add a change event line item to an unapproved Commitment Potential Variation (CPV). You will then create the CV from the Commitments tool. For more information on tier structure, see What are the different variation tiers?
You can add a change event line item to a CV either before or after the RFQ has been responded to. If you wait until the RFQ has been responded to, the CV Bill of Quantities will populate with amounts from the RFQ.
- Navigate to the project's Change Events tool.
- Select the change event line items you want to add to an unapproved commitment variation.
Note: You can select line items across multiple change events. You can also use the Filter drop-down to filter by vendor.
- From the Bulk Actions drop-down menu, select Add to Unapproved Commitment VAR.
Note: If your project is integrated with ERP, you will not see this option in the drop-down menu. See Link a Bill of Quantities Item to a Change Event Line Item.
- Select the unapproved commitment variation you want to add the change event line item to.
Note: Additional Bill of Quantities line items will be created from change event line items.