To create a commitment that is a subcontract from change event line items.
A commitment typically represents a contractual agreement between an owner who is financing the construction project and the main contractor who is being paid to manage the construction project. Typically, a commitment will be created directly from the Commitments tool. See Create a Commitment. However, if a change event results in the need for a new commitment, you can create the commitment directly from the change event line item by following the steps below.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' on the Change Events tool.
- 'Admin' on the Commitments tool.
- 'Admin' on the Change Events tool.
- Navigate to the project's Change Events tool.
- Select the change event line items you want to create a subcontract for.
- From the Bulk Actions drop-down list, select Create a Subcontract.
Note: The Bill of Quantities (BOQs) will be created from the change event line items.
- Enter general information about the commitment.
- #: Enter or validate the unique identifier for the commitment. If you are creating the first commitment of a project, Procore will automatically number the first subcontract. (e.g. PO-01-001) Subsequent commitments will automatically be prefilled with the next sequential number based on the format of the first commitment. (e.g. PO-01-002)
- Contract Company: Select the vendor/company with responsibility for fulfilling the commitment (e.g. American Construction Var.). This vendor/company must exist in the Project Directory. See Add a Company to the Project Directory (Note: For companies using the ERP Integrations tool with Sage 300 CRE, synced vendor/company data will have "(Sage)" appended to their names).
- Title: This field is automatically filled with the name of the correlated change event, but you have the ability to adjust to your liking.
- Status: Specify the status of the commitment. (Default: Draft) Subcontracts with the status set to Draft, Out for Tender, Void or Terminated will not be reflected on the budget. Subcontracts with the status Out for Signature will be listed in the Pending Cost column, while subcontracts with the status set to Approved or Completed will be listed in the Committed Cost column on the Budget.
Note: A "Terminated" status will not reflect the Commitment in the Budget, so it should only be used if the commitment company has not performed any work on the project.
- Private: Specify who can view the subcontract. By default, the subcontract is "private" and is only visible to users with 'Admin' level permissions on the Commitments tool. You can also allow non-Admin level users to view the subcontract, if desired. Additionally, you can allow selected non-Admin users to have 'Read-Only' access to the individual line items on the BOQ subtab.
- Start Date: Select the date when the scope of work will begin on the job site.
- Estimated Completion Date: Select the estimated date of when the scope of work will be finished.
- Signed Contract Received Date: Select the date when the subcontract was officially signed.
- Actual Completion Date: Select date when the scope of work was deemed complete.
- Default Retention: Specify the percent of payment retention that will be withheld. (e.g. 10)
- Executed: You can use this checkbox to denote that the contract was fully signed and executed.
- Description: This field is automatically filled with the name and description of the correlated change event, but you have the ability to adjust to your liking.
- Inclusions: Disclose any inclusions that may not be clearly stated in the related contract documents.
- Exclusions: Disclose any exclusions that may not be clearly stated in the related contract documents.
- Attachments: Attach any related materials such as pricing quotes, receipts, signed purchase orders, etc. You may attach files that have been uploaded to your project or drag and drop files from your local computer.
- Save your changes. Typically, you will use the Create option instead of the Create & Email option because you may still need to add items in the BOQ.
- Click the Bill of Quantities tab. The Bill of Quantities will be created from the change event line items.