To perform an inspection in the Project level Inspections tool.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Standard' level permissions or higher on the Project level Inspections tool.
- Additional Information:
- If the inspection is private, you must be added as an assignee to perform the inspection.
To save time, use the TAB and ENTER keys on your keyboard to switch between sections and buttons.
- When you press TAB, it will save your input and move to the next section or button.
- When you press ENTER, it will activate the button you are on.
- Navigate to the Project level Inspections tool.
- Click View next to the inspection you want to perform.
Note: You will notice a number after the title of your inspection. This number denotes the number of the type of inspection you are performing. For example, if you have 7 inspections in Windows inspections and you wish to create and perform another windows inspection, you will see 'Windows #8' as the title of the inspection for organisational purposes.
- Scroll down to the 'Inspection Items' section. As you perform your inspection, mark the items or sections according to their accompanying response option.
Note: Each inspection item has an activity feed that includes the following information: Response Changes, Attachments, Photos, Comments and Observations.
- If you are performing an inspection that includes a section that is no longer applicable to the project, toggle the Mark section as N/A on to mark all inspection items in that section as N/A. Any previously marked inspection items in that section will be overridden with N/A and the section will be collapsed. Expand the section again by clicking the caret on the right or turn off the toggle by clicking it again. This gives the items in a section no status and the history will reflect the status changes.
- Optional: Add comments to an inspection item.
- Optional: Add attachments to an inspection item.
- Optional: Create an observation from an inspection.
- As you perform the inspection, the wheel at the top of the page will provide a breakdown of your responses.