To configure the advanced settings for the project's Main Contracts tool.
When setting up a Procore project, a user with 'Admin' permission on the Main Contracts tool will first use the steps below to configure the tool's settings for users of the tool. Because users can create a single main contract or multiple main contracts on a single project (see Create Main Contracts), the settings listed below are applied globally to all of the main contracts in a project:
- Contract Configuration. Define the number of main variation tiers for the project, gives you the option to grant users with 'Standard' permission on the Main Contracts tool, the privilege to create potential variations and the ability choose if you want to make the Bill of Quantities (BOQ) editable.
- Contract Dates. Enable or disable specific date fields in the main contract.
- Default Distributions. Specify the users to include by default on the Main Contracts tool's email notification distributions.
- Funding Sources. Add any funding sources related to the main contract.
You can also set up customised settings to apply to each main contract that your users create in a single project. To learn how, see Edit the Advanced Settings Tab for a Main Contract.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Admin' on the project's Main Contracts tool.
- Determine the number of variation tiers to apply to your project. To learn more, see What are the different variation tiers?
- Additional Information:
- Additional settings for a project's main contract are in the tool's Advanced Settings tab. See Edit the Advanced Settings Tab for a Main Contract.
- Navigate to the project's Main Contracts tool.
- Click Configure Settings .
- Under Contract Configuration, do the following:
- Number of Main Contract Variation Tiers
Select one option from the drop-down list to define how variations will be managed on the project:
Important! This setting cannot be changed after the first variation is created.
- 1. A one (1) tier variation configuration requires users to create only Main Contract Variations. See Create a Main Contract Variation (MCV) or Create a Main Contract Variation (MCV) with DocuSign.
- 2. A two (2) tier variation configuration gives users the ability to create potential variation (see Create a Potential Variation (PV)) that can then be grouped into a single Main Contract Variation) and sent to a user for approval. This is the default setting for Procore projects.
- 3. A three (3) tier variation configuration gives users the ability to create a potential variation which can then be added individually or grouped into Variation Requests. Once the requests are approved, Variation Requests can be grouped into a single Main Contract Variation.
- Allow Standard Level Users to Create PCOs
Place a mark in this checkbox to grant users with 'Standard' permissions the ability to create a PV on the Variations tab of a Main Contract.
Note: If you clear the mark from the checkbox, only users with 'Admin' permission can create a PV using the Variations tab of a Main Contract.
- Enable Always Editable Bill of Quantities
Place a mark in this box to give users the ability to edit the BOQ at any time. Clear the mark from the tickbox to restrict users from editing the BOQ once a payment application is created or a Main Contract Variation is in the Approved status.
Note: Any update to this setting affects only new payment applications and is NOT applied retroactively to existing Payment Applications
Enabling this option provides users with the ability to:
- Add new line items.
- Update values in the Cost Code column of a line item, if the it has NOT been billed in a payment application.
- Update entries in the Description column.
- Update entries in the Type column, if the it has NOT been billed in a payment application.
- Reduce the Contract Amount to the Billed to Date amount.
- Rearrange line item rows.
- Delete line item rows, if the line item has not been billed for in a payment application.
- Number of Main Contract Variation Tiers
- Under Contract Dates, place a mark in these tickboxes to enable these date fields in the Main Contracts tool:
- Enable Approval Letter Date. A mark in this checkbox lets users select the contract's approval letter date from a calendar control.
- Enable Contract Date. A mark in this checkbox lets users select the date of the contract from a calendar control. The contract date is the effective date of the contractual agreement (i.e., the date the contract goes into force).
- Enable Issued On Date. A mark in this checkbox lets users select the date the contract was issued from a calendar control. The issued on date is the date the contractual agreement was issued to both parties.
- Enable Execution Date. A mark in this checkbox lets users select the date the contract was executed from a calendar control. The execution date is the date the agreement was signed by both parties.
- Enable Returned Date. A mark in this checkbox lets users select the date the contract was returned from a calendar control.
- Enable Letter of Intent Date. A mark in this checkbox lets users select the date a letter of intent. A letter of intent is a document outlining the agreement between parties before the contract is finalized.
- Enable Substantial Completion Date. A mark in this checkbox lets users select the date that the project work was substantially completed. The substantial completion date refers to the date that work is considered sufficiently complete to satisfy contractual requirements. It also indicates the date that the project owner or client can assume occupancy of all or part of a project and the main contractor is entitled to receive contract balance payment (less retention) until final completion.
Note: If enabled, the main contract's substantial completion date will be updated to each Main Contract Variation's Revised Substantial Completion Date once each Main Contract Variation has a status of Approved.
- Under Default Distributions, select a person from each drop-down list.
- Main Contract. Select default distributions to be included in communication regarding the main contract. This can be people who need to review the main contract before it is approved.
- Main Contract Variation. Select default distributions to be included in communication regarding MCVs (Main Contract Variations).
- Main Contract Variation Request. Select default distributions to be included in communication regarding CORs (Main Contract Variation Requests).
- Main Contract Potential Variation. Select default distributions to be included in communication regarding Main Contract Variations (Main Contract Potential Variations).
- Click Update.
- Under Funding Sources, add the sources for funding your project as follows. A funding source can include government and local funds, bonds, grants, tax revenue, loans, programmes and more.
- Name. Enter the name of a funding source in the box.
- Description. Enter a description of the funding source in the box.
- Click the plus (+) sign to add the line item.
- Click Update.