To add a related item to a specification in order to provide additional context for reference purposes.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' permissions on the project's Specifications tool.
- Additional Information:
- To view the title of the related item, you must have 'Read Only' or higher permissions on the tool. If you have permissions to view the item in Procore, you will see a link in the description. Click this link to open the item in another tab of your browser.
- Only one related item can be added at a time. Repeat the process to add additional items, as necessary.
- Only items that already exist in Procore can be selected. Attachments cannot be directly added as a related item.
- Most items in Procore can be attached as a related item. If a specific item type does not appear as a selectable option, this means it cannot be attached as a related item.
- Navigate to the project's Specifications tool.
- Click Info next to the specification you want to edit.
- Click the Related Items tab.
- Click Edit.
- Click the Select an Item drop-down menu and select the type of item you want to add as a related item.
- After you choose an item type, a drop-down menu under the 'Description' column populates with selectable items in your project.
Select one of these items.
- The 'Date' field is automatically populated with the date that the item was originally created in Procore.
- Optional: Add any notes related to the item. Notes will be visible to other users with 'Read Only' permissions or higher on the Specifications tool.
- Click the + Add button.
- To add additional related items, repeat steps 5-9.
- Click Save.
Note: To view a related item that was created, click View next to the relevant specification and click the Related Items tab.