To edit a response on behalf of a submitter or approver in the submittal workflow.
Follow these steps when a submitter or approver is unable to add their submittal response. For example, if an approver is travelling and provides verbal confirmation about their response, a user with 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Submittals tool can add the approver's response on their behalf.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Submittals tool.
- To edit a response, the submittal must be in the Open status and the user assigned to the response (as an approver or submitter) must be the current Ball In Court. See Change the Ball in Court on a Submittal.
- Additional Information:
- The Forward for Review option is available when editing a response. See Forward a Submittal for Review.
If your company has created custom submittal responses for use with the project's Submittals tool (see Create Custom Submittals Responses), the responses have been customised to fit the specific needs of your organization. See your company's Procore Administrator or the Submittals Manager for information about the proper use for each response on your project.
- Navigate to the project's Submittals tool.
- Click View next to the submittal with the response you want to edit.
- In the 'Submittal Workflow' table, click the vertical ellipsis (⋮) at the end of the row with the user's name with the response you want to edit and click Edit Response.
- Add the following information for the response:
- Response. Select the appropriate response from the dropdown menu.
- Sent Date. Optional. Select the date the submittal was sent.
- Returned Date. Optional. Select the date the submittal was returned.
- Comments. Optional. Enter any comments to include with the response.
- Attach Files. Optional. Attach any files to include with the response.
- Click Preview.
- Preview the response and click one of the following options:
- Click Save to save the response without sending emails.
- Click Save & Send Email to save the response and send email notifications to other users. See When does the Submittals tool send email notifications to Procore users?
- Click Back if you need to change any information you added.
- Click Cancel to close the window and return to the submittal's page. Note: Any information you added before closing the window won't be saved.
Note: If there's another step in the submittal's workflow, the user's name or group of users' names in the next step will display in the 'Next in Workflow' field.
The system sends an email notification to any user types selected in the 'Approver Role Responds (via Workflow)' email configuration after you save your response. See When does the Submittals tool send email notifications to Procore users?
The system waits until all required users in each step of a submittal's workflow respond before shifting the Ball In Court to the next step.