To view and interpret an observation using the Procore app on an iOS device.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- To view observations not marked as 'Private': 'Read Only' level permissions or higher on the project's Observations tool.
- Additional Information:
- Related Items, Emails and Change History are only available to view on the desktop app. See View and Observation.
- A 'Private' observation is visible to the following users:
- The observation's creator, Assignee and Distribution List members
- Users with 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Observations tool
- Users with 'Read Only' or 'Standard' level permissions on the project's Observations tool with the 'View Private Observations Assigned to Users within Same Company' granular permission enabled on their permissions template (if another user in their company [including them] is designated as the observation's Assignee or Distribution List member)
- Navigate to the Observations tool on an iOS mobile device.
- Tap the Observations tool.
- Tap the observation you want to view.
- View the observation summary:
- #: This field displays the observation's number. When an observation is created, this field automatically populates with the next available number.
- Title: This field displays the observation's title, and its general topic.
- Due Date: This field displays the observation's due date.
- Assignee: This field displays the user responsible for resolving the observation.
Note: The item's Assignee must have 'Standard' or 'Admin' permissions on the Observations tool.
- Status: This field displays the observation's status, which can include any one of the following:
- Initiated: This status indicates that the observation has been created and is awaiting the Assignee's action or response.
- Ready for Review: This status indicates that action on the observation has been performed and the work is awaiting review from the creator.
- Not Accepted: This status indicates that the observation's creator has reviewed and rejected the work. When the observation's creator marks it as 'Not Accepted,' the item becomes the Assignee's responsibility.
- Closed: This status indicates that the observation's creator has reviewed and accepted the work.
- Tap Show in the 'Information' section to see the additional observation details:
- Created By: This field displays the observation's creator.
- Origin: If the observation was created from an inspection or from an action linked to an incident, a link to the inspection or incident will be automatically added to this field.
- Distribution: This field displays the people on the distribution list receive emails when the observation's status changes or when someone leaves a comment.
Note: You can add default users to an Observation's Distribution list in the tool's settings. See Configure Advances Settings: Observations
- Spec Section: This field displays the Specification (Spec) Section associated with the observation.
- Type: This field displays the observation's type, which is a category that helps you filter and report on observations. It will not have any effect on which fields will appear when creating an observation. See What are the default Observation types used for?
- Location: This field displays the observation's location. See How do I add a multi-tiered location to an item?
- Priority: This field displays the observation's priority.
Note: The observation's priority will not affect how or where the observation displays.
- Trade: This field displays the observation's associated trade. See Add or Delete Trades.
- Hazard: This field displays the Hazard associated with the item.
- Contributing Condition: This field displays the Contributing Condition associated with the item.
- Contributing Behaviour: This field displays Contributing Behaviours associated with the item.
- Private: If the observation is private, it will only be viewable by the item's creator, Assignee, users on the item's Distribution list, and 'Admin' level users on the Observations tool.
- Description: This section displays relevant information needed to report on or complete the work.
- Attachments: This section includes any relevant files or photos; click the attachment link to download the information.
- Linked Drawings: This section includes any drawings that are linked to the observation. See Link Observations to a Drawing (iOS)
- Activity: This section includes the recent activity, comments and status changes associated with the observation. Within this section, you can add comments to the observation and change its status. See Add a Comment to an Observation and Respond to an Observation.