To add custom project stages to your Procore account that can be selected and used by all projects.
By default, each Procore account has the following construction phases predefined as selectable options for defining a project's current phase/stage of construction.
- Course of Construction
However, your own company might have its own unique set of construction phases. In such cases, you can create custom project stages, as necessary.
Another reason why you would need to add custom project stages to your Procore account would be to allow tendering during other non-Tendering project stages. By default, the Tendering tool's features are only active when 'Tendering' is selected as the current project stage. However, if you need to use the Tendering tab to create tender packages and collect tender during an active construction phase because a variation introduced new line items, you can create a new custom project stage where the tendering functionality is enabled. (Note: You cannot enable tendering for one of the predefined project stages.)
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Admin' level permission on the company's Admin tool.
- Additional Information:
- You cannot delete a project stage if at least one project is currently assigned that stage. However, if you want to replace the "Course of Construction" stage with a custom stage that has tendering enabled (e.g., Course of Construction with Tendering), create the new stage, assign active projects to it and then delete the original "Course of Construction" stage.
- After adding custom project stages at the company level, they are available for use at the project level.
- Custom trades can be deleted if they are not associated with any projects.
- The Custom Project Stages that you create below can be used for RFI prefix numbering. For details, see How do I configure a prefix and starting number for a project's RFIs?
- Navigate to the company's Admin tool.
- Under 'Project Settings' in the sidebar, click Defaults.
- Complete the following in the 'Project Stages' section:
- Click Save Changes.
TipAfter adding a new project stage, let your users with 'Admin' level permissions on the RFIs tool know so they can decide whether or not to create an RFI number prefix for it. See How do I configure a prefix and starting number for a project's RFIs?