Limited ReleaseThe ability to import tender forms is not yet available for projects with an ERP integration.
To create tender forms from a CSV file import.
In addition to creating a tender form in the Tendering tool, you can also download a CSV template to fill out and import the information. With a CSV import, you can create multiple tender forms at once.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Tendering tool.
- Additional Information:
- You can import and create multiple tender forms at a time from the same CSV file.
- The following requirements exist for the template:
- The Tender Form Name must be filled in for each line item. Tender form names cannot be duplicated.
- A line item can only have a Cost Code or Subject filled in, not both.
- Cost codes must match the cost codes in the project.
- If you edit the CSV template in a text editor and need to separate values, use either commas or semicolons. Most CSV files use commas by default.
- The tender form will not import if errors are detected and a banner will list details of what prevented the import. After you correct the issues and save the template file on your computer, you can upload again.
- Navigate to the project's Tendering tool.
- Open a tender package.
- If there are no tender forms in the tender package yet, click Create Tender Form on the Tendering tab.
If at least one tender form exists, click View Tender Forms and then click Create Tender Form.
- On the Create Tender Form menu, select From CSV.
- Click Download CSV Template and select one of the following options:
- Blank Template: The template file will be blank except for column headers.
- Template with Cost Codes: The template will contain column headers and line items for every cost code in the project.
- Open the CSV file on your computer and fill in the template as necessary:
Note: The only required column is Tender Form Name, since there could be times when you want to create new tender forms without line items. If you do want to add line items, fill in the other columns listed below.
- Tender Form Name: Enter the name of a tender form you want to create.
- Item Type: Enter 'Base Tender' or 'Alternates' to specify which section a line item should be listed under.
- Cost Code: If the line item has a cost code associated with it, enter the cost code (example: 03-100 Concrete). Otherwise, leave this blank and go to the Subject column. Cost codes must match the cost codes that exist in the project.
- Subject: If the line item doesn't need a cost code, enter a subject for the line item (example: Concrete Refinishing). If it does need a cost code, leave this blank and go to the Cost Code column.
- Description: Enter a description of the line item.
- When you are finished filling out the template, save the CSV file and return to the 'Create Tender Forms from CSV' window in Procore.
- Under 'Select CSV Delimiter', select the type of character that you used to separate values in the template:
Note: This only applies if you edited the CSV file in a text editor.
- Comma (,)
- Semicolon (;)
- In the 'CSV File' section, click Upload File or drag and drop the file over.
- When you are ready to import the file, click Create.
- If the import is successful, the tender form(s) will be created automatically in the Tendering tool.
- If errors are detected, a banner will appear with details of what prevented the import. After you correct the issues and save the template file on your computer, you can upload again.