Phased ReleaseThe new Budget Changes feature is designed to replace the existing budget modifications feature. Once you migrate to Budget Changes, you will no longer have access to the budget modifications feature. If you have any questions before your company starts the migration, contact your Procore point of contact. To learn more about the timeline for migration, see: Common Questions.
The new Budget Changes feature is replacing the existing budget modifications feature. Starting in October 2022, Procore will be working with Procore customers to migrate from budget modifications to the Budget Changes feature by November of 2024. Once you migrate, you will no longer have access to the budget modifications feature. If you have any questions before your company starts the migration, contact your Procore point of contact.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' level permissions on the Company level Admin tool.
- Additional Information:
- The migration to the budget changes feature is permanent. Once completed, Procore cannot restore the budget modifications function.
- All numbers in Procore will remain unchanged.
- Once migration is complete, All labels and references to 'budget modifications' in Procore's user interface are updated to 'budget changes'.
A new Budget tool configure setting is available after migrating your company to Budget Changes, 'Require net zero Budget Change Amounts'. When the setting is turned OFF, users can create Budget Changes that do not require adjustments to be balanced. When the setting is turned ON, adjustments are required to equal a net-zero total change. See Configure Settings: Budget.
'Require net zero Budget Change Amounts' is turned OFF by default. However, the setting will be copied to new projects if a project template is used. See What gets copied over to a new project when applying a project template?
When migrating from Budget Modifications to Budget Changes, Procore will turn the setting ON or OFF based on the following project settings:
- If ‘Allow Budget Modifications Which Modify Grand Total’ is turned OFF, ‘Require net zero Budget Change Amounts’ will be turned ON.
If ‘Allow Budget Modifications Which Modify Grand Total’ is turned ON, ‘Require net zero Budget Change Amounts’ will be turned OFF.
For companies using the ERP Integrations tool: Show/Hide
- In order to send the budget change to the ERP Integrations tool to be accepted for export by an accounting approver:
- Only ‘Approved’ Budget Changes can be sent to an ERP integration.
- Budget Changes can be retrieved from an ERP integration if they have not yet been synced.
- Budget Changes cannot be edited or deleted once synced with an ERP integration.
- Custom Integrations
- If your company uses Custom Integrations, you will need to update them to utilise the new Budget Changes API endpoints. API endpoints for Budget Modifications will be sunset in November of 2024. See API Documentation.
- Save any legacy custom reports that contain Budget Modifications
- Snapshots containing budget modifications will continue to be available in legacy reporting.
- Budget Changes created from previously existing Budget Modifications will be available in Enhanced Reporting.
Want to try Budget Changes before migration?
Procore currently provides each customer with a unique Sandbox environment that can be used for testing new features prior to their release in Production.
Migrate to Budget Changes
When you are ready to migrate, follow the steps below:
After the migration is complete, every budget modification on all your company's projects is mapped to a new budget change. You can edit and delete any budget changes created from existing modifications and they will be synced with your ERP integration if applicable.
All labels and references to 'budget modifications' in Procore's user interface are updated to 'budget changes'. After clicking Programme Migration below, the migration will be programmed for the next day at 3:00 AM EST. No new budget modifications can be created, edited or deleted once the migration starts. After migration is complete, you can Create Budget Changes.
The migration process also requires the users at your Company to use the modernised Change Events experience. To learn about the experience, see Project Financials: Modernised Change Events Experience.
This action cannot be undone. Reach out to your Procore point of contact if you have any questions before you begin the migration.
- Navigate to the Company level Admin tool.
- Under 'Tool Settings', select Budget.
- Click on the Budget Change Migration tab to enter the migration setup page.
- Review the terms and conditions and accept if you are ready to proceed.
- Click the Programme Migration button to initialize the migration.
Note: This action cannot be undone. Reach out to your Procore point of contact if you have any questions before you begin the migration.