To edit a variation.
If you want to edit a variation, you can use the steps below if your user account has been granted 'Admin' permission on the Variations tool. Depending on which tool is associated with the variation (for example, a commitment or main contract variation), using the steps below will also launch the appropriate tool.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Admin' on the project's Variations tool.
- Additional Information:
- Editing a variation will take you out of the Variations tool and redirect you to the Main Contracts or Commitments tool (depending on the type of variation you are editing). You can also edit a variation from the Variations tab under the Commitments and Main Contracts tool.
- In order to edit a variation that is not the most recently approved variation, you will have to find the most recently approved variation and work backwards changing each variation's status to 'Draft' until you find the variation you want to edit. If you are unable to edit a variation, see Why am I unable to edit a variation?
- Navigate to the project's Variations tool.
- Click the Main Contracts or Commitments tab.
- Locate the variation to edit. Then click View.
- Click Edit.
Note: Due to the status of the variation and/or other items that the change item may be associated with, you may only be able to edit certain fields. See Why am I unable to edit a variation?
- Update the variation. To learn about the different fields, see Create a Main Contract Variation (MCV) or Create a Commitment Variation (CV).
- Click Save.